Hello everyone and what can you tell me about the ES-100?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marinblues

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the board. I signed up since I have just ordered a red ES-100 from Japan.

I am still waiting for it to be delivered to I was looking for some reassurance regarding my decision... :lol:

Of course, I'd appreciate some generic feedback on this model.

I just wanted to mention that I have been a fan of Japanese "lawsuite" luthiership and have had a Fernandes Strat since 1986. If my Tokai matches or exceeds the quality of the Fernandes, that will be great. 8)

thanks,

marin :D

Welcome! Relax you will be very happy ! I have a couple of Fernandes replicas and they are great , but I think you might find that the Japanese Tokais are very special. I would like to hear your review when you get it! Good Luck ,TG :D

It would be slightly different but I have ES 150J back in 81, it is superb, breath taking for looks and tones. There are birds eyes all over the place on 1 piece maple top and what a wonderful maho neck!! It has really feel of vintage it is absolutely amazing.

Hope your new ES100 is good too.

drt said:
It would be slightly different but I have ES 150J back in 81, it is superb, breath taking for looks and tones. There are birds eyes all over the place on 1 piece maple top and what a wonderful maho neck!! It has really feel of vintage it is absolutely amazing.

Hope your new ES100 is good too.

Thanks! I hope so as well.

It's on it way....From the EMS tracking systems it appears to be on a plane at the moment :lol:

marin

tokaiguy said:
Welcome! Relax you will be very happy ! I have a couple of Fernandes replicas and they are great , but I think you might find that the Japanese Tokais are very special. I would like to hear your review when you get it! Good Luck ,TG :D

Thanks for the welcome Tokaiguy. I'll review it when it arrives.

marin

Back