Greco Super Real: ID question again

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abel

Reaction score
Hello, could someone, please, id this one?
The story is like that: i'm from Russia, looking for a long time Greco LP but it's a huge problem to buy the REAL Greco here...so i'm counting on you guys!!!
Serial: 0 5346. The seller says it's EGF 800, with DiMarzio PAF pickups, but i didn't find this model in cataloque. As i can see the top is made of 2 pieces, but there's no fret edge binding (if i'm not mistaken)... What do you think? Worth "fighting for":)???
Thanx in advance and sorry for my english!!!!

http://sweetguitars.ru/good.php?id=1237&archive=

As far as I know, there was no "800" model in 1980; it would have to be an 850. Looks pretty authentic. I'm sure the more knowledgeable types will be along in a bit.

<<== I would suggest putting your location in your profile, to help other members..

There was no EGF800 Super Real. The Dimazios suggest it COULD be an EGF100 that's had a refret, or it could be a low-end model with upgraded pickups.

I'm sure someone that knows more about the Super Reals will be along with some advice soon.

Welcome, and your English is great!! :D

Mick51, JohnA, thank you for replies!!!

I also thought about EGF1000, but it's too good to be true :D . The price is too low, i don't think that the seller is stupid this far (even taking into account that he doesn't know how to check the model of the guitar he sells and writes the inexistent model). :D

well, i'm confused...from the one side - 2 pieces top (that means EG500 and higher), from the other side - no binding (although it could be a refret). :(

Yes from 1980 only the EGF1000 had DiMarzio pickups.

I may be wrong of course but it could be a EGF850 with upgraded Di Marzio pickups and refret (no fret edge binding is strange indeed).

Also getting more pictures of the bottom of the pickups could show us if they are Di Marzio (as the seller says) or PU-2...

Anyway this one can't be under 850 as it show "Super Real" on the head.

Juni41 said:
Yes from 1980 only the EGF1000 had DiMarzio pickups.

Does anyone know what was the model of those DiMarzios? Cos it seems to me that these ones are not genuines...

Juni41 said:
Also getting more pictures of the bottom of the pickups could show us if they are Di Marzio (as the seller says) or PU-2...
I will try to ask the seller but most probably I'll can get the pictures only when i buy it. :(

Juni41 said:
Ca, c'est deja pas mal :D

My guess is its an EGF1000 with an old refret and original pickups. If you zoom in on the fretboard shot there appears to be traces of the nibs on the near side.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

Juni41 said:

There were low-end 'Super Reals' 550 or maybe 450, but I tink these were plain-tops

Yeah, You can find EG-500 model which are "Super Real", but I think they are quite rare and transitionnal model from 1982.
You have also EG-500 "Super Power" in 1980/1982.

le juge said:
Yeah, You can find EG-500 model which are "Super Real", but I think they are quite rare and transitionnal model from 1982.
You have also EG-500 "Super Power" in 1980/1982.

Thanks for clearing that up :wink: So it looks like it could well be an EGF 1000 with a refret. Nice!!

Juni41 said:

bobbin tops have the three holes, not the two holes as a PU-2 would have so, I'm confident the pups are DiMarzio

agree with RyanC; likely an EGF-1000 ............. it is possible that someone slapped some DiMarzios in an EGF-850 but not likely ........

Back