Greco John Sykes model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solega

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I bought a Greco John Sykes model about 3 months ago from a guy that took all the finish off the guitar to repaint it!!! (stupid...) The guitar is long neck tennon,has brass nut,the flower pot on the headstock and has those silver pickup frames. The Pickups are "SCREAMING 82" and have no covers or serial number.
The serial number on the headstock is F45078.
The guitar was painted from a professional black as it was. A set of tonerider alnico 4 is now on board and a mirror pickguard as well.It sounds AMAZING!!!!I think better than my Gibson LPIt is heavy enough.What i would like to ask you is:

a)which model is it exactly the JS65 or JS 55?
b)when was it made and where?
b)what is the value of this guitar?
c)is it one of the famous Greco models?

solega said:
b)when was it made and where?
June 1984 according to the serial.
Made at the Fujigen Gakki the famous factory who made also the Squier JV. :)

solega said:
b)what is the value of this guitar?
This thread could be usefull. ;)

solega said:
c)is it one of the famous Greco models?
Not the best of Greco but a good one.
Super Real and high end Mind Collection are better.

Not the best of Greco but a good one.
Super Real and high end Mind Collection are better.

Thats not necessarily so, the mint collection customs were basically all the same as far as build and materials go, i have a very good RR-65 that would put a lot of higher priced guitars to shame, it is the same build specs as that Sykes model, 2 piece top and 2 piece back, with a long tenon neck joint. These guitars are about the best value for money Japanese vintage guitars going around.

Mick

yeap that's right.
Mine had two piece back and two piece front.long neck tennon and believe me.....my gibson les paul needs a loooooong way to reach the sound of this black beauty!!!!

Latest posts

Back