• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Greco EG58-120 on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres a load of these on ebay all from Japan? it says from you from tokyo japan. Are these really from japan and not fakes from china? because they have all sorts in burnys/grecos/tokais.

How much would the tax on these be into the UK?

I once got an Elitist EB3 from the states and it cost me ?85 presumably its more from japan?

Import tax/duty is the same from anywher outside the EU, so Japan and USA would both be the same. pay 15% VAT on the price of the guitar AND the postage, a ?12.00 parcelforce handling fee and a small amount of import duty, so factor 20% on top of the price of the guitar and that should be about right.

Most of the sellers on ebay from Japan are pretty good, do a feedback check and you should be OK.

Thanks JohnA, excellent advice. Well I got a bid in for a guitar in Japan at the mo, its ?400 + ?100 shipping so on top of that taxes? say ?50? ?550 id be happy.

jimbo68 said:
Thanks JohnA, excellent advice. Well I got a bid in for a guitar in Japan at the mo, its ?400 + ?100 shipping so on top of that taxes? say ?50? ?550 id be happy.

20% of ?500 is ?100 not ?50 :wink:

JohnA said:
and a small amount of import duty

A small amount? Surely UK customs are a law unto themselves when it comes to assessing import charges?

Mike

stratman323 said:
JohnA said:
and a small amount of import duty

A small amount? Surely UK customs are a law unto themselves when it comes to assessing import charges?

Mike

Just dug out my last Parcelforce bill, duty is only a small part of what you pay.

Duty ?8.44 VAT 47.65 Parcelforce Clearance Fee ?13.50 Total ?69.59

Back