Gotoh neck pickup --> bridge surprise

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArthurS

Reaction score
Last Friday I sent the stock Gotoh bridge pickup from my 03 LS80 to WolfeTone pickups to be rewound, because I really didn't like it after using Timbuckers for a while. The fate of the Gotoh neck pickup is still up in the air, since I use it less often and it sounds passable to my ear.

Anyway, because I use the bridge pickup the most, I decided to put the Gotoh neck pickup in the bridge for the time being. I played it for a while today, and oddly enough I think I like it much more than the original bridge pickup! Especially clean with the tone rolled back, it sounds very warm, full and smooth. When distorted, roughly the same thing applies but the difference seems a little less noticeable.

Of course, since I don't have the original pickup around anymore, I may be imagining things, but so far I really think the neck Gotoh works better in the bridge than the real bridge pickup :p

Altough I like neck stock pickup in LS-70 I don't like bridge one as you.I did an opposite experiment with a Seth Lover(bridge to neck) and it sounded very good with lot of balls.

Latest posts

Back