• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Goldstar TST60 Olympic White - UK

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_dice

Reaction score
Testing the waters here (not sure how active the forum is these days). As a proud owner since about '86 of a ''84 TST50 OW RW neck, I looked for years to find its maple necked 'brother'. Finally found a TST60 on ebay but we just haven't bonded so going to be moving it on. Wanted to try here before Fleabay. '57(?) spec - soft V neck, round string tree, 'E' pickups, single ply scratchplate, final prospec saddles.

I'll be doing some detailed pictures over the next few days but wanted to get the ball rolling. Collection much preferred from NE Hampshire but can look at shipping options if required. Any questions please message me. Open to sensible offers. (BTW the case is not included)

IMG_1822.jpg

Don't see many TST60s about. What's the serial & how much are you looking for?

Don't suppose you have the codes stamped on the body and bottom of neck? 🙂

Last edited:
Don't see many TST60s about. What's the serial & how much are you looking for?

Don't suppose you have the codes stamped on the body and bottom of neck? 🙂
I’ve uploaded some more images, including the body and neck codes. Serial # is 2246. I’ve listed at £625 on eBay…

That's certainly an interesting one. The neck and body are quite far apart code wise. I would have thought the end of 1983 but I've seen a 1983 silver star with the 11=5 code so it couldn't have been made in that batch. I think it may be an older body with a Goldstar neck. Do you know any of it's history?

Also do you have a pic of the side of the switch as they have date codes. Will be something like 3D or 28. Should give a better idea of the age.

38013-68e86b85ffb90ae17ed54c4ee2551f0b.jpeg

That's certainly an interesting one. The neck and body are quite far apart code wise. I would have thought the end of 1983 but I've seen a 1983 silver star with the 11=5 code so it couldn't have been made in that batch. I think it may be an older body with a Goldstar neck. Do you know any of it's history?
I don’t have any history - was bought off eBay a couple of years ago after literally years looking for a MN OW 50 which don’t seem to exist!. It seemed quite original (neck bolts fit exactly, no additional or filled holes in the neck pocket) and the neck profile, scratchplate etc. seem to tie in with the 84 (I think) catalogue specs. However, I realise there are always cut-and-shut guitars around and I am not an expert.

Took a shot of the switch (couldn’t be bothered to unstring again 🙄) …but the number is not clear - maybe 391? BTW it’s a 5 way switch

IMG_2939.jpeg

The switch is Sept 1983 which matches the neck & body being Nov/Dec 1983.

I've revisited the silver star that I mentioned earlier and note it has a four bolt neck and therefore probably was made in the same 11=5 batch as your neck.

These parts were all CNC machined so in theory any tokai ST neck and body should fit together perfectly.

Hard to say if the neck and body came out of the factory together, I suspect not but you never know.

The switch is Sept 1983 which matches the neck & body being Nov/Dec 1983.

I've revisited the silver star that I mentioned earlier and note it has a four bolt neck and therefore probably was made in the same 11=5 batch as your neck.

These parts were all CNC machined so in theory any tokai ST neck and body should fit together perfectly.

Hard to say if the neck and body came out of the factory together, I suspect not but you never know.
Thanks for all of this great info - much appreciated 😊

ATO, isn’t the batch number 5 and the neck and body consecutive months?

Btw, unusual to see those pickups that late in 1983. I would have expected V marked Vintage pickups. I have seen E/U in the fall. This may be one of the latest I’ve seen. Would have to go back through the thread on 1983 Goldstars.

1983 Goldstars Script Logo

Last edited:
Long shot but would trade for a 65 Princeton RI (cash your way obvs) if anyone was interested? Otherwise looking for £575 ono

Latest posts

Back