Goldstar block logo Year?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fagen56

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm just curious as to what year this guitar is. It's advertised as an '83. Serial number 16131. Would anyone have any idea? Many thanks! F

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 12.24.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 12.24.50.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 12.24.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 12.24.25.png
    833.8 KB · Views: 0
See here:

ST55 SO Goldstar

OVElVOp.png

mGfV8B0.png

g8lRBaR.png

O3yE46f.png

Tgt0V39.png

szmnf0L.png

7d5kyvs.png

H1s819l.png

5ZA2G3b.png

tcxB0rl.png

B1J9mFZ.png

https://www.adverts.ie/electric-gui...i-tst-55-goldstar-sound-stratocaster/19647617

I doubt you could buy a Fender of comparable quality for that price.

It has a U neck I believe.

That color was not stock and cost extra. Fairly rare guitar if you are a collector.

I doubt you could buy a Fender of comparable quality for that price.

It has a U neck I believe.

That color was not stock and cost extra. Fairly rare guitar if you are a collector.
Collector?...No....I play them! Thanks for the info man!...Much appreciated! F

Collector?...No....I play them! Thanks for the info man!...Much appreciated! F
YW. Not everyone likes a U neck and the color is what makes this one special. If you aren't a collector you may not care. Plenty of other people do though.

Good luck.

BTW, what difference does the year make if you aren't interested in the collectible nature of it? That was your original question and the title of this thread.

Tokai still makes great guitars up to the present. Year shouldn't matter from a player's perspective.

Lots of sleepers out there if you don't care about a collectible vintage guitar.

Last edited:
BTW, what difference does the year make if you aren't interested in the collectible nature of it? That was your original question and the title of this thread.

Tokai still makes great guitars up to the present. Year shouldn't matter from a player's perspective.

Lots of sleepers out there if you don't care about a collectible vintage guitar.
Thanks for that....I just think that maybe down the road I could sell it on if need be. F

If you don't care about vintage, maybe start with the specs you are after?

I love soft V necks. There have been a bunch of V neck models over the years for example.

Some people care about the finish or the pickups, or the headstock shape, etc.

I will put in a link to thread I started with the various Strat copies Tokai has done over the years as an overview to maybe help you spot some opportunities for a nice player.

Tokai Strat Copy Timeline 1977- Present

If you don't care about vintage, maybe start with the specs you are after?

I love soft V necks. There have been a bunch of V neck models over the years for example.

Some people care about the finish or the pickups, or the headstock shape, etc.

I will put in a link to thread I started with the various Strat copies Tokai has done over the years as an overview to maybe help you spot some opportunities for a nice player.

Tokai Strat Copy Timeline 1977- Present
(y)(y)(y)

Back