Going to Japan (Tokyo) in 6 months - want to pick up a lefty

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex gold guns

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title suggests, Im going to Tokyo in 6 months and want to go to the ochanomizu area to look for a lefty Tokai.
I know that taniguchi has new Tokais but I'm after one with a plaintop, not sycamore flame venner, also I'm into looking for second hand bargains.

anyone got any ideas where to go?

thanks

alex

Soundmama and Chuya-online stock lefty guitars.
I think ESP Edwards, Bacchus and Gibson build and sell left handed Les Pauls.
Greco and Tokai used to, on an infrequent basis

I suggest you do a Digimart search just before you leave (or when you arrive, if you can) just entering the word "left" in the search bar at the top middle and press the button on the right. (or "left" along with the make or model number you want, if you want to narrow your searches and save time)
It should return all lefty guitars and stores that sell them.
www.digimart.net

Best of luck !

When you get here, buy some monthly guitar magazines and see whats available at the time...Tokyo is not Sendai, where I am, so people don`t actually flee from foreigners down there so hotel staff might be able to help you with directions if you point to shops you want to visit...when I was buying those magazines, there was at least one store that sold only left hand guitars. You can get those magazines in any guitar store....PLAYER and GUITAR are the two that have a lot of shops as advertisers...or used to.

thanks for the tips guys, i promise to report back with pics of my purchase,

To be honest I'd be happy with a nice goldtop ls98 or 105 or whatever it's called now, I had a goldtop ls75 about 5 years ago, sold it to buy a gibson SG, ended up selling that too, but always missed that goldtop.

For some reason i don't like the idea of a veneer, i'd rather a plaiintop if anything.

well i'll go quickly around all the shops with mountains of gear, i suppose my advantage is as a lefty i can just go in and ask for leftys if not leave and go!!

Latest posts

Back