• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 2008 Tokai Custom Order Koa Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f5joe

Reaction score
For Sale is my 2008 Tokai AAA Koa topped Love Rock. They are constructed with specs equivalent to the high-end LS-230 Love Rocks as told by the dealer (approx. $2300 USD list).

koa4a.jpg

Here are the basic specs:

Made in Japan 2008

Two piece AAA Koa solid top

Solid one piece mahogany back

Solid one piece mahogany neck

Rosewood fingerboard w/ aged inlays

Vintage MK2 pickups - Currently has WCR Icebuckers Zebra bobbins as shown (these are $385/set new)

Gotoh Vintage style tuners

TOM style bridge w/ Aluminum tailpiece

Nitrocellulous lacquer finish

Standard Les Paul style controls/CTS pots/Switchcraft switch

Sprague Orange Drop caps

Comes w/ newish Gibson gig bag

Has one minor "bump" on back as delivered from dealer, otherwise near mint condition

NO fret wear

Weighs 8.8 lbs. on my digital bathroom scale

Exceptional action and setup

Comes with uninstalled pickguard and Tokai chord

Comes with Tokai truss rod cover reinstalled, not the Gibson shown

Comes with original strap buttons reinstalled, not the strap locks shown

koa1a.jpg

I'll make this available with a couple of options. First, with zebra WCR Icebuckers installed and MK2's in bag for $1275.00. Second, with NO WCR's and original MK2's reinstalled for $1125.00. These prices included shipping/insurance in CONUS only. Add $30.00 for PayPal. Otherwise, payment via US Postal Money Order. I'll substitute a nearly new black Gibson USA hardshell case for an additional $75.00.

Additional pics here: http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z56/f5joe/2008%20Tokai%20LS-230%20Koa/

The fit and finish is spectacular without question. Please PM or email me at: [email protected]

Thanks! hank

koa32a.jpg

Back