• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale: '61 reissue Gibson SG - sold!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinfan

Reaction score
This guitar is now sold

Ideally I'd keep this guitar, but having just spent a fortune on a new Tele I need to recoup some cash so it's up for sale.

This is a bit of a rare beast. It's a Gibson '61 reissue SG with a factory fitted Maestro Vibrola. Usually the only way you can get an SG with a Vibrola from Gibson is via a Custom Shop model. This one is from a limited run of what is believed to be 48 guitars built over a few days in early 2006 for some select Gibson dealers. Most guitars went to Japan, with a few in the US and the UK. Essentially they're a special order run built on the regular USA production line.

Mine is in excellent condition and is all stock except for a nut change. The original was incorrectly cut so I had a Tusq nut fitted by my local luthier, plus it's had a full setup with 10s. The pickups are Gibson Classic '57s which suit the guitar very well. It comes with the original Gibson hard case which is also in excellent condition. As a bonus, there is some nice figuring to the back of the neck which you can just make out on the headstock in the rear pic below.

I'm asking for ?875 which includes postage within the UK. Collection from Manchester is fine and I can knock off the postage cost, or I can deliver/meet somewhere within a reasonable distance for petrol costs.

Drop me a PM if you're interested!

SGfront.jpg

SGback.jpg

A beauty. Not to be picky, but that vibrola wasn't on a 1961 SG (Les Paul at the time). The original vibrola was a sideways springing item. The version here came along sometime in 1963 or 1964.

Yes, I know. There are a few other things that aren't 'vintage correct for 1961' either. It should have been called a '64 reissue by my reckoning :)

But Gibson can call it what they like I guess!

Latest posts

Back