End of discussion !?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Special K said:
It is a shame that it all ended up like this...
After reading the threds associated with this topic, I am pleased we have a moderator that is thorough, diligent, and fair.

Hi Mr/Ms Special K
Where is "NewWorld" located ?
Nice to know peoples whereabouts.
8)

I am sorry, you waste my time and i'm not in the mood for your play.
You may be good friend some day soon. But for now Tokai Joe and family members are in need of peace.

Mis Labbi :And for the sake of the good vibe and new year and all I will now shut up and go to bed.

yeah, shut your mouth. Stay true to your vibe.
No need to ask my #. Please go to other sites for your pleasure.

Hey special K, only 24 posts and you are being a smart arse, do you wish to test the sites banning potential. This thread has nothing to do with you, you don't know the people involved and now it looks like you are just stirring ****. Leave this topic alone if you have nothing constructive too add...

Mick

Special K - If you have nothing constructive to say then better keep quiet.

First I just want to echo Stratman's comments about the moderation on this forum - it is very low impact moderation and one of the best moderated sites I've been on. (No, I'm NOT bloody crawling to Ned... :lol: ).

However, I was surprised that the thread about Joe was shut down, as there didn't seem to be anything in there that warranted it, unless talking about TJ is just too problematic for some people? That's the only conclusion I can come to in the circumstances, and if this is what in fact happened, then I don't like it. Finally, Joe did go over the top in a thread, but as Mick points out, it takes two and just because you can wind somebody up to the point of crazy without losing it yourself doesn't make you right - it's just a difference of personalities.

I'm in regular contact with Joe, and I think he's enjoying a break from the forum. He may return in the future, there's no way he can be stopped actually, if he does certain things... 8)

I?ve been in this forum since the begining ant I include old board. I can say Ned have making a mild moderation since the begining so I would ask keeping in that way and let ?s give Joe an opportunity(the last one if you like).I guess a lot of people here enjoy Joe and his fantastic info regarding guitars. If Joe does not follow the rules then, I will be the first pointing to him,you can be 100% sure and will add myself to the ones feeling offending by others.....But let?s give an oportunity to him!

I locked the thread because this discussion is pointless. He will not be allowed back period.

Mirrorboy nailed it and that is why he won't be allowed back.

I provide a place for people to discuss Tokai and other Japanese made guitars with the complete knowledge of Tokai Gakki and if someone puts my future at risk then they will be gone.

I am very busy and going through a very tough time right now and frankly just having to deal with crap like this is not what I want to be doing.

My advice is to get over Tokai Joe and move on with discussing guitars.

ned said:
I locked the thread because this discussion is pointless. He will not be allowed back period.

Mirrorboy nailed it and that is why he won't be allowed back.

I provide a place for people to discuss Tokai and other Japanese made guitars with the complete knowledge of Tokai Gakki and if someone puts my future at risk then they will be gone.

I am very busy and going through a very tough time right now and frankly just having to deal with crap like this is not what I want to be doing.

My advice is to get over Tokai Joe and move on with discussing guitars.

I wish the best for you and your buisness partners in 2010, and I appreciate You all fully understand your desicion in a bigger context.
Ciao ! 8)

mirrorboy said:
What some members are unaware of or have forgotten, is that Joe indirectly threatened the existence of the Tokai Forum on at least a couple of occasions to my knowledge.

I really liked the majority of his posts and he was given a second chance, which I thought he blew, so at the end of the day it's really not worth the risk to us all.

Thanks to Ned for taking the long view.

What exactly did he do to threaten the TRG ? I don?t get it ?

?

labbi said:
mirrorboy said:
What some members are unaware of or have forgotten, is that Joe indirectly threatened the existence of the Tokai Forum on at least a couple of occasions to my knowledge.

I really liked the majority of his posts and he was given a second chance, which I thought he blew, so at the end of the day it's really not worth the risk to us all.

Thanks to Ned for taking the long view.

What exactly did he do to threaten the TRG ? I don?t get it ?

?

I'm guessing that people think he put the TF at risk of having to answer a legal case of libel? The law is not clear at all on what the status of forum chat would be - clearly there's no way it can be held to the same standard as a newspaper or TV show. I mean a forum is mostly a bunch of nobodys spouting off in cyberspace! :lol:

The problem is that people could bring baseless suits, or suits they could not possibly win, against the TF, which would probably be enough to shut it down, because the owners do not have any money to defend even a cheap legal item such as an injunction. A full defamation case can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars - it's a rich persons game, or a corporation game because then it's the shareholders money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back