El Degas guitars?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheshirecatsmile

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on El Degas guitars? I've seen a couple recently that look quite nice and they're well priced. They're made in Japan, look well made and I remember them being a fairly common cheap guitar in the early 80's (my impression is lots were sold here in Canada, anyway). Here's a recent ebay Les Paul copy.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EL-Degas-Lawsuit-Era-LP-Standard-Copy-MIJ_W0QQitemZ260097077502QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
________
Cesare Perdisa

Meh...it's a bolt -on neck.
It looks like a mid '80's Ibanez but they had set necks.
The Ibanez '59ers had bolt on though....they felt cheap and nasty.

The elDegas I have was made in Korea and has a set neck.
Not the greatest guitar but it has a neck shape that fits my hand well. No volute and it also has big frets. Sound is good too. I don?t know what the pickups are but they produce a real clarity in each note of a chord. Not expected from a cheap guitar at all.

I bought it because of the wonderful wine color with the chrome hardware. I like that look. I didn?t expect it to play and sound as good as it does.
degas080.jpg

Ah, *that's* the one. I remember being in Ring Music in Toronto a few years ago trying out amps and the salesman asked me what type of guitar I played and I told him that I played a Les Paul. He looked around a bit and pulled a guitar off the wall that looked (from a distance at least) exactly like a Les Paul. I remember him looking at the headstock and smiling while saying "Let's Play". :) It was actually a pretty good sounding guitar and earlier this year I was remembering this while I was looking for a Love Rock but I couldn't remember the company that had the "Let's Play" model. Thanks for reminding me that it was El Degas guys.

Latest posts

Back