Edwards E-LP-130LTS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulatovic

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have ordered this guitar:
Edwards E-LP-130LTS - as you probably know it's a relic, but here are the specifications for those who don't know:

BODY : Thin laminated flame maple top/Solid maple/Solid Mahogany Back Vintage'59 type shape
NECK : Mahogany,Vintage'59 rounded type of shape, middle of between '58(Fat) and '60(slim)
FINGERBOARD : Rosewood, 22F
SCALE LENGTH:628mm
JOINT: SetNeck Long tenon
PICKUPS : Seymour Duncan Antiquity Humbacker set
CONTROLS : 2-Vol, 2-Tone, Toggle PU selecter
BRIDGE : Tune-matic & Stop tailpiece
TUNERS: Vintage type tulip tuners gotoh
WEIGHT: 3.3kg 7.26lb
COLOR : Vintage Lemon burst All Nitro Lacquered Relic finish

and you can see the pictures:
http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/pronounce04/lst?.dir=/33a9&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.co.jp/

my question is: Has anyone bought this guitar - Is it the same as Jimmy Page just with different pickups and no super-circuit?

Does anyone know the exact wood they are using?
The reason i went for that model is that it has very thin all nitrocellulose finish which i really prefer over poly and these amazing Antiquity pickups.

Is there anything i should know before getting the guitar - so there won't be any surprises.
(In addition to that i went to a shop and played 3 Les Paul Studios by Gibson, and 2 were HORRIBLE and 1 was quite good, but all of them had PAINTED fingerboard and poor finish. These Studios in white were the 2 which were horrible - they had black paint over fingerboard and as the rest of the neck is white you could clearly see the wobbly black line meeting white neck and it looked like ----~~--~~~~----- it was ridiculous - and ?799!!! What for?????)
Shall i expect more that that for a kick off? (i hope so!)

thanks guys

My Jimmy Page version has a Duncan '59 in the neck and a Duncan JB in the lead position as per spec. The page has Grover styled Gotohs. The Page has lots more relicing via Page's No. 1 model.

The one you link is very nicely done. The Antiquitys have got to be great sounding. Good luck.

It?s a beautiful guitar, congrats. Hope it souds as good as it looks

Anders
Sweden

well, i will see in a couple of days :) I hope :D

i should have had it 5 days ago, but my stupid PayPal decided not to allow me to pay by card so i had to do it by e-cheque and now i am waiting for the bloody transaction to clear, and as i am going for holidays i won't get the guitar before 5th of Jan. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

thanks mate, i will post some pictures and hopefully some clips as well

Back