Early Bacchus BST-64V on the waaaaaaaaay..............

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJvintage

Reaction score
I just closed a deal for another mid 1990's Bacchus BST-64V, a very early 0025** serial numbered example, in OTM finish :D

BacchusBST-64VOTM.jpg

The only thing better would be one in BGM 8)
BST641.jpg

Hi Hisashi, I purchased my 1st ever Bacchus from you several years ago; a BST-64V finished in FR, also a very early 0066** serial numbered example.
BST-64VFiestaRed.jpg

I've purchased nearly 20 Bacchus guitars to date, since that first Bacchus I bought from you; it's all your fault :lol: :lol:

very nice!

are you the same hisashi i see on ebay from time to time?

haha this is so cool, i really dig the japanese guitars....such personality

the best kept secret in town here too, on the local forum for the music scene in this city all the kids are raving about epiphones and ibanez's and LTDs
people freak when they play my guitars cause the lot of them are very good imports! lol

I know where your coming from mate, people still don't believe me how good these guitars are and then they play them and the argument is over :lol: :lol: .

Mick

Here's a 0022** numbered BST-64V (left) & a 009*** numbered BST-67V (center)
The one on the left is the only Bacchus I currently have, until the OTM shows up................................
WhiteStrats.jpg

Beauties, beauties ... all-around ... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wet ?? YES ... GAS ??? YES ... 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger

here she is, number 0025** in OTM next to her sister number 0022** in VWH 8) :D 8) :D 8) :D 8)

both 2 piece center seam alder, both 7 lb. 12 oz. :D

I could have bought a Fender Custom Shop 64, paid three or four times as much, had one less guitar, and it would not be near as good as either one of these Bacchus 64V models.......

Early Bacchus BST-64V is still my favorite model Strat, ever, and I know why.........

I think I'm in Heaven, lol...............
BST-64V002---.jpg

MIJvintage said:
Early Bacchus BST-64V is still my favorite model Strat, ever, and I know why.........

Why? What makes it your fav.?

btmish said:
MIJvintage said:

Why? What makes it your fav.?

many things but the main thing being consistancy in construction & Bacchus quality

* always 2 piece center seam & matched alder body (usually with the lighter weight & larger grain structure)
* super consistant Bacchus quality in materials & construction
* super thin finishes, with lacquer top coat
* round laminated 'board is not as bright as a maple neck but not quite as warm as a slab neck; the perfect balance for me
* perfect (for me) neck profiles
* perfect fret work
* perfectly cut nut
* Bacchus 'Alnico Special' pickups have excellent tone; these have aged ~13 years
* quality spring loaded 5 way switch
* always excellent tonal response & playability

I can buy one of these sight unseen & if it is stock/original, I KNOW it's gonna be a kickass Stratocaster

I've played some of the the Fender US Custom Shop round lam' neck 64 & 65 models, and they don't compare but they cost 3 or 4 times more

IMO, Bacchus guitars are the most consistant in quality, materials, and construction, and the ealy BST-64V models are no exception.

Just goes back to my theme in the 'Best Of' thread; one does not need to spend thousands of dollars just to obtain a guitar that plays like it cost thousands of dollars 8)

Back