Dry Z on my LS80: progs and review

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesyrat

Reaction score
to all who may concern this material, i took pictures of ls80 elements during the stripping out for new pots, caps and pick ups (old actually).

neck pick up
P5170003.jpg

bridge pick up
P5170002.jpg

cover screw, no soldering!

DSC_7484.jpg

zebras!
DSC_7485.jpg

neck PU cavity

P5170004.jpg

the damned PCB

P5170013.jpg

some close up of Noble pots (not great in my opinion, especially the linears for tone that work like on-off only) and caps

DSC_7504r.jpg

DSC_7503r.jpg

DSC_7502r.jpg

DSC_7501r.jpg

DSC_7507r.jpg

the "new" control cavity...

with paper in oil Russian k40y-9 .022 1000v 35 mm caps... all audio pots (10% tolerance) like a vintage correct 50's wiring should always be...

P5300012.jpg

With "Z" on and my trusted .011 strings i'm really impressed. Never played a so touch (and knobs turning) responsive guitar... It's really brighter than i was expecting not sparkle tough... very balanced, powerful, with tons of overtones: very Les Paulish!!! It seems that for a miracle someone has put in my hand the les paul that i was dreaming...
it's a very very strange sensation... years since I was so surprised (except for st100...)... :p

+1 !

I decided to keep my ls100 untouched but start thinking about changing the pots now... :roll:

villager said:
very nice job!!

:oops: an honour from you!

t.olsen said:
I decided to keep my ls100 untouched but start thinking about changing the pots now...

do it! it will be another (better) guitar! I can do it for you for free... :lol: :lol:

@pedalGEEK: keep us informed!!

bluesyrat said:
I can do it for you for free... :lol: :lol:

Thanks Francesco but I guess it's easier to do it by myself instead of shipping you the guitar to Italy... :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back