Does anyone else have a deformed Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madamralli

Reaction score
Hi There! A bit anal i know, but i've only just noticed something when i was sitting back admiring my totally unnecessary (not my words!) guitar collection hanging on the wall. My violin burst MIK Love Rock has got upside down pot holes. Any Love Rock or Les Paul guitar i've ever seen has the volume & tone pots pointing upwards from the STP towards the scratchplate as you look directly at the guitar. My 'little runt's' go in the opposite dirrection(pointing down)
Has enyone else got this layout on their Love Rock, or is this just a manufacturing fault. It does'nt affect the guitars sound, in fact with the 50's wiring, alu STP, & Burstbucker pickup upgrades i've made, it plays & sounds as good as anything i've ever come across.[/img]

Hey, madamralli, which brutal luthier has deformed your baby, he?
One week only bred and water, for him ...! Just kiddiing.

This guitar is a early 2000 US export model with 90 centigrade angled pots and knobs.
Keep it. Gonna be rare :wink:

Many thanks my learnered friend. Any ideas as to why Tokai drilled the pot holes this way???

Cool! does this mean that if i ever stick it onto fleapit i can make up all kinds of weird & wonderful stories about it being a modern day 'LAW SUIT' model and put a silly reserve price on it!! Only jestin!
Once again i'm indebted to the wealth of knowledge on the forum!
Rock n' Roll aint' noise pollution!

Can someone do a side by side of regular and the upside down, I don't see it... :oops:

"Roll up, Roll up, behold the wonder of the deformed Love Rock!"
I should have been more graphic about this issue from the start, so heres what i'm on about.....[/img]
my.php
[/URL][/img]
Rock n' Roll aint' noise pollution!

Latest posts

Back