Custom/Mystery? 1982 Burny Super Grade RLG-? Curled Birdseye

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Tokai neck tenons, yours looks weirdly similar to this LS-80 that was in Japan recently.

IMG_6137.jpg

Udonitron said:
The top is so very close! The backs are different however. Interesting how your back has an almost flame to it? It wasn't Maple, was it?

Villager seems to think mine is a RLG-90 but who knows?[/color][/size]

I have never (personally) seen a RLG with anything but a mahogany body back.

A RLG-90 would have a veneer top, no?
I'm quite confident you have a solid top, and my guess is RLG-50 but hey ..........

MIJvintage said:
3pupLPC said:
Speaking of Tokai neck tenons, yours looks weirdly similar to this LS-80 that was in Japan recently.

...... that looks like the Satoshi Koizumi aka Sat LS-80; nice looking top on that one ..............

that was the one.... I made him an offer, but no luck :wink:

Currently swapping out the Grover replica's for new chrome Rotomatics I just picked up. The replicas, most likely Gotohs, are great minus 2 of them are getting tight 3/4 into a full turn and thus the worm gear must be damaged on a couple of teeth. The Grover's will last a lifetime although I would have preferred the satin chromes.

Speaking of Tokai's, I have a MINT 1978 LP Reborn on the way...should be here Tuesday and it was bought off the original owner who bought it and then ended up storing it! It literally looks new. Got it for CAN$550

Udonitron said:

Speaking of Tokai's, I have a MINT 1978 LP Reborn on the way...should be here Tuesday and it was bought off the original owner who bought it and then ended up storing it! It literally looks new. Got it for CAN$550

OK.... now you are starting to make me jealous!! I have actually gone so far as to seek out Japanese tutors in NYC on Craigslist, just with the hopes of getting a contact in Japan like you have :wink:

Haha....yeah it paid off meeting my friend Eiko while she was here to work for 6 mons.

Thanks to her, I have 4 more guitars coming to me.
1978 Tokai LP Reborn LS-50 (in customs)
1977 Fresher Straighter Strat (new old stock never used also in customs)
1980 Fresher Leo Line plain top cherry burst (awaiting arrival)
1980 Greco plain top cherry burst EG-700 (just shipped today)

Keep looking for one man or just go eat at a sushi restaurant often like I did, you might meet a cool gal...possibly cute as well lol
:p

Udonitron said:
Haha....yeah it paid off meeting my friend Eiko while she was here to work for 6 mons.

Thanks to her, I have 4 more guitars coming to me.
1978 Tokai LP Reborn LS-50 (in customs)
1977 Fresher Straighter Strat (new old stock never used also in customs)
1980 Fresher Leo Line plain top cherry burst (awaiting arrival)
1980 Greco plain top cherry burst EG-700 (just shipped today)

Keep looking for one man or just go eat at a sushi restaurant often like I did, you might meet a cool gal...possibly cute as well lol
:p

Yeah, I'm trying to imagine that conversation with my wife... "meet Hiroko... she's into guitars AND she's hot!"

Udonitron said:
Haha...and she enjoys Bukkake! Oh, what is Bukkake dear? Well it involves a large goblet of..um...what's for dinner honey bunny?LAMO!

Cute. I for one don't want to hear that crap on a guitar forum.

Udonitron said:
OK...I didn't go into detail man. It was a joke... :wink: No comment on the Burny however? :-?

The guitar is probably one of the finest looking Les Pauls I've put my eyes on. Absolutely gorgeous. :wink:

Haha you're just whispering sweet nothings in my ear now, aren't you :p Thanks either way man. I will post pics of my LP Reborn tomorrow when it arrives (chants "please no duty, please no duty!") & sorry if I offended with the previous comment. I can go a little crazy with the Asian women thing haha

3pupLPC said:
Hard to tell.... does it have a headstock veneer, or is it painted black? Also, acetone in one of the cavities :) If it is a special order, I would expect nitro and not poly.

I was going to pick up some acetone yesterday but buying a huge can of it for one little test is a waste (not needed otherwise). I am waiting for my folks to get back from a trip and I will drive out to their place and do the test there. Hope it is lacquer :D

Udonitron said:
Haha you're just whispering sweet nothings in my ear now, aren't you :p Thanks either way man. I will post pics of my LP Reborn tomorrow when it arrives (chants "please no duty, please no duty!") & sorry if I offended with the previous comment. I can go a little crazy with the Asian women thing haha

Actually I'm being sincere about the Burny. Fabulous piece.

3pupLPC said:
MIJvintage said:
3pupLPC said:

...... that looks like the Satoshi Koizumi aka Sat LS-80; nice looking top on that one ..............

that was the one.... I made him an offer, but no luck :wink:

All the guitars he is selling are overpriced that's why he would never sold easily. :D

Udonitron said:
I was going to pick up some acetone yesterday but buying a huge can of it for one little test is a waste (not needed otherwise).

You don't need to buy a container of straight acetone. Buy a small bottle of fingernail polish remover. Just make sure that it does, in fact, contain acetone - some newer formulations don't. Should be about 70% acetone by volume, and that should do the trick.

Back