crazy gibson news!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOKAI JOE

Reaction score
8) gibson just released this new gtr called "new eye gtr". it might be
a good electric gtr but coming from gibson i wonder whats their
true intention is. i try to be generous about the new gtrs but this
gibson is hard one to make sense. some more non-sense ones
from gibson lately. where are they going to? where are we going to
lately???

DSEYRDCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

Dressed to Kill

Eye catching? You?d better believe it. Gibson USA?s new Eye Guitar nails a look like nothing else on the planet. Its ultra-pointy, offset double-cutaway body is dressed in a nitrocellulose lacquer Fire Engine Red finish that?s matched on the headstock, while the powder-coated pickup covers echo the theme. The swooping, symmetrical pickguard recalls custom creations seen on the guitars of the ?70s, but is totally original and unique, while the jet-black ebony fingerboard ? sans position markers ? adds a touch of elegance and simplicity.

Eviscerating Tone

More than just a looker, the Eye Guitar is packed with all the tonal goodness that Gibson USA is known for. Its solid mahogany body and glued-in mahogany neck maximize resonance and sustain, while the ebony fingerboard adds an edge of clarity and definition to every note ? even through heavily distorted settings on high-gain amplifiers. The pickups, a 490R at the neck and a 498T at the bridge, are the optimum humbuckers for hard rockin? performance, blended with a dash of vintage-voiced sweetness. The 490R uses Alnico II magnets and features pole-piece spacing suitable to the string spread at the neck position, while also being calibrated for balanced volume when matched with a hotter 498T in the bridge, a ?Hot Alnico? design that uses a punchier Alnico V magnet and modified coil windings to provide even more oomph for rock lead work.

:roll: :eek: :roll: :eek: :roll: 5 star suprise this one!

8) hello ned. tokai joe japan here. i was wondering about this site
sometimes who made it for what? i know you made it for us to
talk about the japa gtrs but why some texan? like you really
started? so far away from japan in the heart of texas where
millions of real fenders might be? its much easily understandable
if some american-japanese guy in hawaii started it out or som.

joe japan.

8)

ned said:
My sister was once bitten by a moose.

I know somebody who's sister is a moose. :lol:

Or maybe that use of the word is a British thing?

:eek:

I know Gibson have a factory in China, but that new Eye guitar looks to me like it was designed in China.

marcusnieman said:
The big Dallas guitar show is next weekend. If that beast is there, I'll check it out and report back.

I'm sure we all can't wait!

:lol:

Unusual. Body must be thicker than a "normal" SG, since this has a jackplate near the lower base, rather than a top mount like the SG itself. Placed the control knobs rather high for my liking. I would have swapped the position of the volume pot and the p/up selector.

I can't beleive it but thev'e already outdone the EYE GUITAR check out THE HOLY EXPLORER ? ...... http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Explorer/Gibson-USA/Holy-Explorer.aspx CHECK THE RELEASE DATE ....1st APRIL yeah

Back