Burny Japan or Korea?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no soul

Reaction score
anybody know how to ID a Burny to tell if it is japanese made or korean?

This one is definitely a more recent model.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/223549017.html

here is a link to the guitar in question

any help is appreciated

The pics ain't great, but from the truss rod cover (or what I can make of it) and the white rear cavity covers, that would appear to be a relatively recent Chinese one that's been played hard. $450 seems a bit steep. I paid less than that for a late 80s Japanese one (minus bloody shipping of course, but that's another story)
Could still be a great sounding axe though...

only the top end models are now MIJ...the RLG-90 and RLC-100...90,000 and 100,000 yen respectively. The RSG-75 is too...but it`s the SG model. Not too difficult...the ones that are MIJ are listed as such in the catalogs...anything else...isn`t.

I forget they (along with fernandes) started doing all the chinese production pieces lately. But I had my suspicions that this was not a japanese model.

It may sound great and play fine, but at this point Id only be picking one up for the sake of collection, in which case Im only into japanese guitars really.

thanks for the help Guitargoblin!

you`re welcome...it was nothing, but I guess you already reached that conclusion.

Back