Breezysound on Ebay- legit?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_Mc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I still haven't got a tele... :lol:

Does this breezysound look legit? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250412428918&Category=112670&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

I realise it's a newer one, and the starting price is pretty much already more or less the maximum I'd want to pay for a newer one, but if it doesn't go much higher (which is admittedly unlikely as it's quite a popular colour), I might consider a bid...

Not too much info, I'm afraid (but decent pics). I contacted the seller, there's no serial number, he didn't know what the model was (except it's MIJ)- he did say that the body was a 3-piece (and alder), though, so I'm guessing it's not a high-end model because of that. Looks ok to me, based on the ones I've tried, but you guys know more than me...

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I would say it's kosher, but I agree that ?250 would be a maximum to pay. The 80s ones do seem to have the edge over the newer ones though, so maybe it's worth waiting & paying ?100 more?

Mike

Having said that Mike,this guitar is probably as good as a new japanese Fender and how much are they?Gabe.

Thanks guys.

Big problem with the 80s ones is waiting for one to come up, in the right colour, in decent nick, etc. etc. The extra ?100 wouldn't be a major problem, but I'd rather keep it lower rather than higher, just in case I decide I only need that tele tone occasionally.

But don't worry, if it goes up much at all, I'm out. Knowing my indecisiveness, I may even chicken out if it stays the same price... :lol:

I had one of the newer Breezys for a few months, in a gorgeous metallic silver. It was OK, nothing to write home about. I bought it for ?278 + postage, & when I sold it a few months later, I got ?235 for it.

yeah, i remember your saying that before... don't worry, I won't get drawn into a bidding war or anything, I'm pretty disciplined on ebay. if it goes much more than ?10-?20 over the starting price (or even that much), I'm out. My only hope is that its relatively high starting price might put other people off... though when it comes down to it it might put me off too. :lol:

i tried a newer tokai goldstar which was great (with hindsight i probably should have bought it, decent-ish price for being in a shop, was white too, you'd have like it :D), i've tried a couple of the newer breezies too which were pretty nice, but i have tried a couple of the newer goldies which weren't just as nice. Not sure if they were lower models, or maybe even non-MIJ ones... problem with buying on ebay being you can't try them first, problem with buying in a shop being you get the dubious pleasure of paying twice the price, plus you can't check out the details as easily as online to make sure it's not a fake... :lol: catch 22 :(

Hi!

She is not outstanding, but nice. As she has a 3-piece body I guess she is alder, not ash. She appears to be a real UK Tokai.

Would you mind to look at the base of the neck? If the tree-rings are parallel or 90 degrees to the fretboard then we can do a deal at entry.

Cheers! Rup

:-? :lol:

Yeah, I haven't bought it yet. Haven't even decided if I will buy it... still has about 5 days to go, I think. :)

Yeah, I know, thanks Mike. To be honest, I'm a bit relieved someone else got it, I wasn't even sure I wanted to pay ?250... :lol:

Back