Breezy TTE

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
Spotted this one for sale at a good price. Serial is 3270 so 1985ish. I'm a bit confused by the 1985 catalogue which suggests anything above TTE50 has a 3 saddle bridge but this is 6 but is also bound which suggests 60 or 70?

NnValEs.png
W2CPGuQ.png
cKwMFQs.png
j6QCgZI.png
69CRR0B.png

Last edited:
This guitar has me all twisted up.

4 digits…

IMG_2786.jpeg

Last edited:
Would be nice to have more pictures.

Neck and or body codes.

Pot dates.

Neck plate.

Would be nice to have more pictures.

Neck and or body codes.

Pot dates.

Neck plate.
Yeah, there are none. He's never had the neck off and he's not keen to start now. He doesn't know anything about it other than he thinks it's from the 80's and it's made in Japan.

Seems like a translucent red. 3 piece.

It’s a head scratcher.

The insistence on not opening the guitar up is frustrating.

It’s a bolt on neck and I would want to be assured that parts have not been swapped.

I would price it as a buyer as a partscaster until I knew otherwise.

Did he say if the neck is a V or a U?

And of course with Tokai there are exceptions. Especially in that funky mid 80s period.

Four Digit TST60 Goldstars

And.

Five Digit Non-Fender Serial Numbers On Tokai Strats

I've told him i'm interested on the proviso he shows me what's under the control plate. I can understand him not wanting to take the neck off if he's never done it before. It's pretty much partscaster price as it is.

Actually that neck plate looks a bit wrong. It's slightly off centre and over the binding on one side. Bet the body is not tokai.

You could be right. Good eye.

Fender TL-62B-75TX Telecaster Custom Reissue - 2004 Trans Red - RARE! Crafted in Japan - Alder Body

Crafted in Japan
SN# Q 053161
Weight: 8lbs 2.6 oz's
Double Bound Alder Body

This rare, sought after, sweet double bound Trans Crimson Red Fender Telecaster Custom radiates cool. Considered one of the most premium Fender Japan models, this TLC62B-80TX model was crafted in Japan and intended only for the domestic market. The sleek finish on the alder body is accompanied by the cream colored binding around the top and back edges.....

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.27.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.28.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.27.40 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.27.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.27.45 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.28.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.28.01 PM.png
    878 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow good find, looks identical! Slightly off centre neck plate too.

Back