Beer

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now here's a topic I can relate to! Anyone here ever drink K?stritzer Schwarzbier? WOW!
6875_0.jpg

When in Sweden I usually go for Mariestads export
p5230004-kopiera_40345870.jpg

at home we kinda stock Pilsner Urquell from the inventors of pilsener beer's home Plzen in the Czech republic
pilsner_urquell2.jpg

I try to avoid Heineken, gives me heartburn and a headache, I don't get how this brand became so popular the world over. Can't be the taste of wet newspaper... Can it?

For the worst hangover I can recommend miller Genuine Draft.I took 2 or 3 glasses in the evening with my collegue and we normally use to drink a lot more.Next day,my head felt twice of its normal size.To be sure,we took 3 Miller one evening later - with exactly the same result :evil:

t.olsen said:
For the worst hangover I can recommend miller Genuine Draft.

For even worse hangover I recommend to come to Spain :lol:

Here bottled Miller's tastes of water but I like it. I report no hangover after :lol:

Heineken, gives me heartburn and a headache, I don't get how this brand became so popular the world over. Can't be the taste of wet newspaper

While not my favourite, I like Heineken. It tastes better than the Urquel thing.

St. Pauli Girl (Special Dark) :)

it has the color of a very dark root beer .................... and a strong/bitter flavor :D

brewed in Germany & comsumed in mass in St. Paul, MN 8)

stpauligirl2.jpg

MIJvintage said:
St. Pauli Girl (Special Dark) :)

it has the color of a very dark root beer .................... and a strong/bitter flavor :D

brewed in Germany & comsumed in mass in St. Paul, MN 8)

stpauligirl2.jpg

Rich wins picture award so far :)

Some good recommendations here. I drank some Estrella Damm when I was in Spain, that was ok:

http://www.estrelladamm.es/idiomas/idiomas.asp

Mostly stuck to Vodka Limons though, as the Spanish give outrageously large measures of vodka. :lol:

Pilsner Urquel is a good one for sure.

If you want a hangover, look no further than the already mentioned VB, love this ad for it from the 80s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rlIjpq_4Fg

t.olsen, your research into Miller goes far beyond the call of duty! I could never get past one bottle of that stuff, even when it was offered to me free.

Tooheys_Extra_Dry_P_largejp.jpg

My Fave beer of the moment but I also hit this on occasion:
pure_blonde01.jpg

A low carb beer

leadguitar_323 said:
Hi Youami, Don't for get Brisbane Bitter as well mate, we used to refer to it affectionately as "Brisbane River"....... :eek: :lol:

Mick

I haven't had the pleasure of Brisbane Bitter I'm afraid, sounds about as nice as XXXX though. I'll hopefully get over to Queensland next year, though I think VB is still the beer of choice where I'm heading (Cooktown way).

I think the worst beer I have ever had was in the early 90s when the Simpsons first came out. Some enterprising Aussie company realeased some Duff beer (not licenced, they got shut-down pretty quick), god that was awful! Actually, it's probably tied with the warm Fosters that I had at Wembley Arena from one of those guys that walks up and down the cheap seats selling beer from a backpack/tank thingie, ugh.

Sam

Can't beat a nice draught pint of Marstons Pedigree.

ashes_page_header_notext.jpg

When I'm in the US I look for draught Sam Adams.

Dave

:D interesting topic :evil:

in central europe you can get a lot of fine beer, too.
it has a long tradition, thanks to closer relationships to german/austrian brewers.

as an example i give you this:
kozel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velkopopovick%C3%BD_Kozel

the beer in the eastern part of europe is thinner.
comparable to some english lager, or so.

in plzen (that is pilsen) they have even a great and long lasting tradition of
mixing dark beer with "normal" beer.
many people were skeptical before, but after tasting, they are convinced
:D

in poland you can find another austrian root, that tastes really splendid:
Żywiec

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%BBywiec_Brewery

a very decent vacation area, too as i might point out :D

generally all those eastern beer is underrated and that by a great amount.
of course there are not so nice beers there, too.but the smaller ones
hold a lot of value for the money
:D

Hey Rico, i had a bit of Zywiec in the UK, very nice... and very cheap too. They sell it at Wetherspoons I believe (a cheap chain of pubs).

Pedigree is another nice English bitter, but who are those muppets standing in front of the pint? I'm pretty sure that Pieterson and Strauss would rather be drinking Castle Lager...lol.

Sam

If you are ever in east devon try Jolly Jeff from the Branscombe brewery, so named after the miserable old bugger who owned the first pub it was sold in. Also happens to be brewed by the son of my mate so I get plenty of it.
Pete.

Back