Bacchus BLS-59 HB Arrives

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the answer :) I am looking for a replacement for my old Gibson LP Standard (same price range, but better quality). It's either going to be a Bacchus or a LS-150. They are about the same price, but the Tokai definitely has a 1-piece back. The specs on the Bacchus Standard don't mention the number of pieces, the Standard Custom & Master models are usually listed as being 1-piece so that got me wondering. I thought Bacchus always uses a single-piece back on their current models, guess I was wrong.

I have a P90 Duke, but I don't know the specs and Deviser doesn't respond to my emails. It has a solid finish so I can't tell at all.

They don't seem to be super light either, up to 4.7kg.

Well, I bought a new Duke Standard HB from Kurosawa and it arrived today.

Long tennon, CTS pots & Vitamin Q oil capacitors, lacquer top. Not a single piece body though.

I will post pics later :)

Just taken delivery of you Bacchi's twin sister, plays and sounds like a dream!!

It's definetely my lightest LP, and I have a few :wink:

DSC01536.jpg

DSC01537.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

Nice one John; what does she weigh in at?

What are the first three digits of the serial #?

The playability on my BLS-59 is excellent; better than my LS-320 :D .......................

Serial No. 102719

7 1/2 lbs !!! :eek: Is that unheared of?

Spent the evening play the guitar yesterday, it's really nice, playability wise it's as good as anything I own, I wouldn't say better, but it's got some pretty nice guitars to live up to!

Got a set of postage scales that I assumed were pretty accurate, it would probably only weigh half that on the missus' scales :wink:

Just weighd a few more and they are all about what I thought they were, so I recon that's about right, it certainly feels Strat weight!

leadguitar_323 said:
Thats awesome John, wish i had one that light......

Mick

I might even ba able to do a whole gig with a LP again!! I'm definetely more comfortable with a Strat these days!

7 pounds 8 ounces? :eek: Blimey....

I have one Strat that's lighter than that (the ST80 you unwisely sold me) - every other Strat is heavier, usually between 7.5 & 8 pounds. And only one Tele is lighter than that too.

Is it made of balsa? Chambered? Surely it must be neck heavy?

Mike

It's not neck heavy, the whole thing must be light weight including the neck, it feels really well balanced, and the sound doesn't see to have suffered at all, it rocks!!

I don't think it'll be chambered, but it is all a bit baffleing, I've never had a LP this light before, my GT is a pound heavier and I thought that was a light one!

I'm going to get another set of scales to double-check!!

It sounds magnificent. I'm sure you won't be needing that horrible battered old GT any more, will you?

:wink:

stratman323 said:
It sounds magnificent. I'm sure you won't be needing that horrible battered old GT any more, will you?

:wink:

Nice try ;) One thing about the new Bacchus is it isn't gold, a man needs to keep a Goldtop or two!

Back