authenticity check please, springy sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a 1980 ST50 YSR
thank you sigmania, I’d assumed st50 and the seller said 1980, glad it’s not way off the mark. is the single ply scratchplate original? Presumably the knobs aren’t.

It has the B mark, so looks original. Some had that foil insulation under the ground plate.

The different color knobs/pickup covers seems to be due to different plastics. That changed over time.

Seems like 1980 was a transitional period for these plastics on their parts as I think I recall this on other guitars from 1980.

Like Sigmania said, from these pics it looks like a perfectly legit 1980 ST50 YSO, with a possible caveat for the plastic. A pic of the neck butt would be good, it should have production code stamp matching or close to the one in the neck pup cavity if it's the original neck.

As Voidoid56 said, check to see if things match. With Strats all the parts can be moved around. Neck, body, neck plate, etc. The pickguard and harness could be off a different guitar. It could even be an ST60 with changed parts. Only so much you can tell from those pictures and I have to make some assumptions.

Back