• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

An Interesting Rickenbacker Copy...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobK

Reaction score
I bought this, a Tanglewood TW61 Rickenbacker copy, about 20 (?) years ago. It has been in my garage unused for about 10.

When I took it indoors it was virtually in tune and sounded pretty good. Only snags are the damage where previous owner dropped it and one p/u only seems to work intermittently. Maybe it needs some contact cleaner or some soldering? Also the p/u selector cap is missing. Oh yeah, needs new strings!

Thought about bringing it to gigs solely to use on 'Eton Rifles', but decided to put it on ebay, no idea if this is collectable or not.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250674472951&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Bob

Some arsehole moaned because I used a 'brand name'. Jeez it IS a Rickenbacker copy! I didnt say it WAS a Rickenbacker.

Now at;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250674472951&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

BobK said:
Some arsehole moaned because I used a 'brand name'. Jeez it IS a Rickenbacker copy! I didnt say it WAS a Rickenbacker.

Presumably that arsehole was a Mr. Hall?

stratman323 said:
BobK said:

Presumably that arsehole was a Mr. Hall?

Or one of his many spies 8)

There are some amusing threads on the RIC forum about copies and their contempt for them. Threads about ebay sightings with comments about the beastly scoundrels usurping the hallowed brand. Mr. Hall, the owner of RIC Industries, chimes in every now and then.

Back