Amp circuitry question for you techies...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Willie Style

Reaction score
I am so horny to pick up one of the new Orange Tiny Terror combos and for once, living in Korea has a price benefit. They're MUCH cheaper here than I'd pay in Canada - like $300 cheaper! So I'm wondering if I pick one up here (Korea runs 220V), is it possible to have it altered when I return to Canada so I can run 110V into it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

J.

But the way, has anyone tried one yet?

It's possible, but it'll be costly. You may want to look at a step-up transformer as a cheaper alternative.

As for the TT sound - they rock pretty hard!

The Tiny Terror transformers may have seperate inputs for different voltages, if it does it's just a matter of swapping one wire. If not it's either a new transformer, which you would need to buy from Orange and get a tech to fit which would be pretty expensive, or as Alan says just get a decent setp-up transformer, probably $30ish. And I agree, the Tiny Terror is a great amp!!

Just noticed, according to the manual on the Orange site, the combo version has a selectable mains voltage switch on the back!! If this is the case Easy :D

If not, browsing the Orange forum it seems that most Orange Ams do have multiple voltage taps on the transformers so it's an easy job.

Edit - After a bit of searching there is a jumper inside the chassis to select the voltage, user changeable no tools required
Just whip off the cover and swap the jumper over:D :D :D

Superb, my apologies - it's not often you find that. Mind, they're all MIK as I understand it so it makes sense now that I think about it!

Big Willie Style said:
Thanks John! Where can I find the manual anyways. I can't seem to find one for the combo on their website; only the head.

Jason

The combo is just the head in a box, so the combo manual will do. I don't think the jumper will be mentioned in the manual, if you take the cage off it will be obvious what to do. it should be printed on the PCB. If you are in any doubt ask someone to do it for you, dont want you getting electocuted :wink:

Back