A Christmas Story

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokaiguy

Reaction score
:D Went to a little town in Florida to visit Mom and Dad for the Holiday. Every Monday Dad takes the boat out for a River Run, afterwards everyone goes to the dock for coffee and stuff with friends {what retired people do} I slip away to the pawnshop across the street looking for the Fine Japanese Replicas! Kramer Focus,Memphis, Peavy... are always plentiful, but this time when I walked in there was a young lady with very large mellons behind the counter who wanted to help me in my search. I said "I'm looking for some cheap Japanese guitar for my nephew" :wink: "Oh ,Japanese?" she said "Yeah something cheap" sez I. "I might have what you want" she said , I said nothing...She returned to the counter with a black Tolex Fender style case that she placed on the counter in the shade of her ample breastessizz, and as I reached across to released the clasps, of the Case of course! There she lay in all her glory a Lake Placid Blue Greco 57'replica Strat. I played very cool and rubbed my head ... took another look at the Kramer Focus... and well, I don't know... I can get Fender Starter kit with an Amp in town for almost dirt. I don't know... Well after a couple of go rounds about a pawnshop Ibanez in Ocala for $175 with Amp and Gigbag, we sealed the deal! $150 and they threw in the case! Funny thing is they think they got the best of me! The Peavy was $225 and the "Kramer" was the same price with an Amp! Everyone was a winner! I told my 28 yr old brother who arrived two days later about Sherrie at the pawnshop's charmming personalities , he went over to the shop yesterday to" look around" and wound up with a date for New Years Eve! Hmmmm? a sister inlaw who's Dad own's a Pawnshop and Car Stereo Emporium! Sweet! :lol: Happy New Year! TG

TG

I don't like you. (thoroughly envious)

Not only do find these great bargains (non-existant here) but you write up and crush the rest of us.

Shame TG, shame :roll:

this post of course doesn't mean we don't want to hear about any other gems you may find....wheres the tequila to drown my sorrows
Peter Mac

:D I need to take pictures for insurance and then hook up the scanner! So now I have a new years project! Happy New Year to you all! Later TG 8)

Back