'80 Reborn Old BB, LS50, 2 questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi!
I have here this really nice Reborn Old. It is clear that whoever built her took great pride in it. The manufacturing quality is amazing, as is the overall condition for a 27 year old.

However, there are 2 points I am not so sure about:
- I am 99% sure that she has a 2-piece top; shouldn't it be 3-piece for LS50? You can spot the center-seam on some pics.

- The tuners look too new (i.e. replaced)?

Your opinions please? Sorry for the large amount of pics, just want to be sure I don't miss one.

Thanks and cheers!
Rupert

Centerjoint.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456-1.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

That is a beautiful Les Paul :)

sure looks like a center joined top to me

I had a later version (love rock) ls50, 1980 I believe, 3 piece top; tuners were 1 ring, not 2 ring. Not sure if your tuners are stock, or not but they look awefully clean for 27 years.

Your Reborn looks just like Al D's '58 black Standard :D

Thanks for sharing that 8)

If the tuners were the original they should be stamped Tokai shouldn't they? On my 1984 Love Rock TLS-50 they are stamped Deluxe (Tokai stamped before 1982 and Deluxe stamped from 1982 as far as I know) like on the strats/teles etc:

tls-50_headstock_back_2.jpg

The tuners on mine are like new but on the other hand the whole guitar is like new :) (including the original case).

Mike

Hi Mike!

That's actually what's confusing me. On my '81s and '85s I also have the "Deluxe" stamped onto.

I see "Tokai"on my Springys.

Cheers. Rupert

rgrafend said:
... That's actually what's confusing me. On my '81s and '85s I also have the "Deluxe" stamped onto.

Don't worry. Probably replaced. That's happen often. Sometimes the seller is smart and add the replaced ones to the guitar shipment. Even if they are dameged.
Enjoy it, rup

Looks very similar to the black 81 ls50 Love Rock I have . Mine has a 3 piece top though. My tuners are original and have tokai stamped on them. Pickups are the same, double cream with slot head pole pieces. Same gotoh inked stamps on the back.

It is a very nice guitar, not as good as my ls80 reborn, but good value for money.

Hi ochay!

No case. Got it the way it is.

You remember the story about the hidden place where elefants go to die?

I guess there must be a similar place for Tokai cases. :D :D :D

Cheers. Rupert

Back