70's Burny LP Junior trussrod cover?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicrose

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what kind of trussrod cover was on a 70's Burny LP Junior.
Did it have a 2 or a 3 screw trussrod cover?

There is one on eBay that I like but I want to be really sure if it is a real 70's Junior and are they comparable with the real deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURNY-70S-LP-JR-SUNBUST-JAPAN-MADE_W0QQitemZ350186035152QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item5188b6d7d0

I hope you can help me out with this. Thanks!

classicrose said:
Hi guys,

I'm wondering what kind of trussrod cover was on a 70's Burny LP Junior.
Did it have a 2 or a 3 screw trussrod cover?

There is one on eBay that I like but I want to be really sure if it is a real 70's Junior and are they comparable with the real deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BURNY-70S-LP-JR-SUNBUST-JAPAN-MADE_W0QQitemZ350186035152QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item5188b6d7d0

I hope you can help me out with this. Thanks!

3 screw... here is my late 70's jr.

IMG_1630.jpg

Thanks 3pupLPC!

Can you post more pics of your Burny LP Junior, please? I'm curious..
How do you like your Junior regarding playability/sustain/sound?

Nice guitar... I use it for open G stuff mainly, and my rhythm guitarist really likes it so I may trade it to him. It has the fattest neck of any Burny I have, almost like a '58. Raw tone. You'll like 'em if you like P-90's :p

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Nice pictures! The Junior looks really great.. I like the sound of P90's.
I also have two old Yamaki guitars, a LP Standard and a LP Custom from the 70's, those guitars are really superb guitars and play and sound killer!
Those old Japanese guitars are high quality stuff! :wink:

You have more Burny's, I understand? Nice!
Over here in the Netherlands these guitars are hard to get, unfortunately..
Maybe I'll be lucky one day :lol:

In my experience Burny made heavy Juniors up until around -83
Then they became more 50s light.

But looks like a nice piece.

i have a beaten up early 80s burny junior and it is arguably the best guitar i have . i have a mint 1976 flg, an early 80s rlg supergrade and a super rare mint 56 gold top with p90s but there is something about the junior that draws me to playing it more than all the other burnys. [/u]

Good for you! So I guess those early 80's Burny Juniors are killer guitars too. Sometimes you have to be lucky to get an extraordinary good example, just like you did. I hope to find one myself in the near future.
How is the neckshape of your guitar, thin/medium? Can you post a picture of your Junior? I like the look of those vintage Burny's :D

i,ll try to get round to posting a pic. i would say the neck profile is medium to large-really nice and chunky and strung with heavy gauge strings. you can really feel it reverberate and you get a great fat p90 tone out of it. when i first got it it had been strung with 9s, didn,t sound so good and wouldnt internate properly. as soon as i thickened up the strings those problems went away.

classicrose-chingo123 is selling a beautiful twin p90 les paul special on ebay at the moment. looks mint! not too cheap tho.

Latest posts

Back