335 style no serial #

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucktoad

Reaction score
I purchased this around 1998. Love the guitar but it has no identifying stamps, decal, inside label (that I can see). I know it’s not a 335 but was hoping to get help on model #. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpeg
    IMG_0734.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0733.jpeg
    IMG_0733.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0732.jpeg
    IMG_0732.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 0
What Homer said.

It should have had a "Made In Korea" foil sticker on the back of the headstock. Someone probably removed it. And sounds like you bought it around the time it was made so I would guess you were the first owner?

Here is the 2000 catalog.

ES-60 and the color would be see thru red (SR)

Scan 12.jpeg

What Homer said.

It should have had a "Made In Korea" foil sticker on the back of the headstock. Someone probably removed it. And sounds like you bought it around the time it was made so I would guess you were the first owner?

Here is the 2000 catalog.

ES-60 and the color would be see thru red (SR)

View attachment 56918
Thank you. Yes, it was new and came from Canada. I also purchased a Gold Top Love Rock at the same time. Also no serial #. Thanks for the information.

OK. One thing you should know is that the Canadian distributor (Active Music) got in all sorts of trouble for importing counterfeit Tokais. Not saying yours is, but it may be related to that situation?

It all came to a head in 2003-2004 when they ordered guitars with the Tokai name on the headstock from a different mfr in Korea without Tokai's permission. They then lost their affiliation with Tokai. Big mess.

The closed "a" on your Tokai logo is seen on the examples I mentioned, informally called "Fakais"

Examples of those here and some of the back story.

Manufactured Under License For... Fakais

Latest posts

Back