2016 ES73 Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve just been filling myself in on serial number anomalies in the forum and think I’m now more confused than before.
17742E32-56D6-4741-867A-BE40076E9F2D.jpeg
I do know my guitar was made in China in 2016 but there’s no indication other than the 3 screw truss cover.
The Korean unauthorised numbers look’s like a minefield.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if anyone can help with replacement or upgrading of the tuners on my ES73.
77E3B468-A0C1-4A48-9343-08A5120B1C97.jpeg
These items are rather vague, partially due to the previous owner I suspect, the neck of the guitar took several adjustments to relieve when I first got it and the saddles were filed down badly and notated badly. A Gotoh bridge fixed that and found the nut might have been replaced with bone by someone who knew what they were doing.
I would like to find tuners that don’t mean new holes will be put in the headstock

Last edited by a moderator:
The fakes can be confusing but your label looks legit.

2017 catalog

IMG_0035.jpeg

Whoever had it before me took the pick guard off and moved the front strap button to the top horn. I researched this guitar before I bought it, it was nearly a straight swap for a 2006 Schecter Omen Extreme. Very glad I did though, it’s a sweet sounding instrument and the Schecter was too hot and heavy for me, this one gives such great tones on the AC 30 patch in my processor.

Back