• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2003 Tokai Love Rock LS75Q Oak Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beastorama

Reaction score
2003 model bought new from Belfast Guitar Emporium in 2007 - original receipt provided (?799 list, I paid ?649).
This is a rare Japanese only import model. At first there was a bit of confusion over the model number, but someone clarified it for me (It's all the same model, but it's an LS75Q if it was 2003. (LS90Q = 2005 onwards; LS100Q = 2009; LS105Q = 2010. The number relates to how many thousand Yen it should retail at!). Absolutely mint condition, no dings or scratches apart from one really tiny surface one on rear which would polish out anyway (bottom pic), almost unplayed in the 3 years I've owned it, and never gigged. Still has plastic film on enclosure covers on reverse. Outstanding build quality and materials, beautiful sound, killer tone, piano like sustain, stays in tune for ages... Supplied with retro tweed hard case with furry inside (combination lock still unset) and original pick guard which was never fitted.
?475 ono. If buying from UK, cheque payment preferred due to PayPal costs. Otherwise, PayPal for worldwide delivery, insurance at buyer cost.

P1020196.jpg

-Spec-
◆BODY:Quilted Maple+Maple Top, Mahogany Back
◆NECK:Mahogany One Piece Set-Neck Head Angle 18?
◆FINGERBOARD:Rosewood 300R
◆FRETS:22F ♯213
◆SCALE:625/312.5mm
◆BRIDGE:LS-VB Bridge, LS-VT Tailpiece
◆NUT(width):Bone(43.0mm)
◆INLAY:Dish
◆PICKUPS:PAF-Vintage MK2 ? 2 (Made In Japan)
◆CONTROLS:2Vol. 2Tone. 3wayToggleSW
◆COLOR:OAK
P1020200.jpg

P1020199.jpg

P1020197.jpg

P1020195.jpg

P1020194.jpg

P1020192.jpg

P1020191.jpg

P1020190.jpg

P1020189.jpg

P1020188.jpg

Nice but haven't we seen a bunch of this guitar already?

"Rare Japanese import only model"?? Where's "lawsuit" in the description?

Have you got an e-mail address? I might be interested in it.
The dimpled headstock and the color is the only thing what bothers me. If I buy it, I'm gonna cut that little dick off and change it to open-book style and I'm gonna refinish the body. Has anybody ever made such an operation with a UK-style Tokai headstock?

From the couple I've owned, it won't work - you'd be left with such a gap that it won't be convincing.

Edit: That's supposing you wanted it to be 100% Gibson-a-like.

AlanN said:
Grumpy Marcus this morning!

:oops: I should refrain from pre coffee, pre smoke posts.... sorry boys. You guys all put up with my shameless posts of my gear.

But you just wait til someone leaves their location off their profile next time :lol:

Good luck with the sale.

Hi Marcus, yes it was on here before in the ebay section - I was advised to try it in the classifieds as I've just had a bad experience with a scammer. It was bought from a UK Tokai dealer who told be they imported it themselves from Japan, hence I haven't seen one like it for sale in UK before. I know it's not 'lawsuit' but it is pretty different. Need to sell to pay for holiday :(

Beastorama said:
Hi Marcus, yes it was on here before in the ebay section - I was advised to try it in the classifieds as I've just had a bad experience with a scammer. It was bought from a UK Tokai dealer who told be they imported it themselves from Japan, hence I haven't seen one like it for sale in UK before. I know it's not 'lawsuit' but it is pretty different. Need to sell to pay for holiday :(

Good luck on the sale.... I was only busting your chops with my comments... no disrespect intended and hopefully no hard feelings.

Latest posts

Back