• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1998 Orville by Gibson 59' Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joop said:
t.olsen said:
Hi Joop :wink:

All the best for you in 2012 :wink:
Just to let you know that your Reborn is very busy since weeks now and my 3 other guitars are retired for the moment :lol: I am addicted to the DiMarzio PAFs and this neck is totally right while OBG is pretty thin and the Greco a baseball bat.When I think about the pair of early 80s DiMarzio super distortions offered here from Gabe not long ago for 40 pounds and I missed them... :cry: :evil:

Hi Timo, thanks and of course the same for you! Glad to hear my Reborn is giving you so much joy. If those Super Distortions were truly vintage then you could have made your LS100 Reborn into an LS150 Reborn, since that was the only difference between the LS100 and the LS150 the neck SD instead of the PAF. However, you like the current sound so why change a winning team....

Greetz,

Joop

Vintage tone requires time, not technology....

The reborn will stay untouched for sure Joop but my Love Rock could be happy with the distortions :lol:

Never even saw that Jacco thanks and your right it is a lower end model.

The Phantom doesnt care for the color either Spike.

Joop thanks for all the information very useful.
And one sweet guitar is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in search for the ultimate 59 Replica, what that is yet, I dont know. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

The Phantom may be posting some pics of the clean sweep had over the holidays.

Happy New Year folks.

Phantom

Ok here's a few more
the first is under 9lbs which I like :)
but why are the tuners crooked ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Orville-Gibson-LPR59-Reissue-CHSB-Fujigen-1995-/120836911715?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item1c2270f263

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/2758203615.html

Phantom

The first one is one of Marks/villager, so no comment :D

Second one will be a Terada but unlike Joop I don't find Terada inferior, especially with those specs, very nice!

Thanks Jacco.
You have me curious about villager
obviously something I don't know

Phantom

No, nothing special, he's a forum member here, nice guy and I've bought quite a lot from him, you know who he is:

http://www.japanguitars.co.uk/

Those DiMarzio PAFs are a real upgrade imo.

Phantom said:
Thanks Jacco.
You have me curious about villager
obviously something I don't know

Phantom

The Spike ha also bought from him. He's a good bloke to deal with IMO.

The search for the ultimate 1959 Les Paul replica has devoured many a man's soul. If you don't have an original '59 to compare your replica against, how could you ever hope to accomplish such a feat ??? Bear in mind also every one of the original 1959's were unique to themselves as are all Human made guitars.

Phantom, my advice, play the blues.

I don't own one but I do have one at my disposal to compare it and all my guitars with. That's what I've used as my source of what I think sounds good.

I'm looking at some boutique replica builders, but Brazilian is getting harder to find. I know a really good builder however when I can buy 4 or 5 Love Rocks for the same price as his, I can't seem to justify it.

At the end of the day trying to sell something like that could be quite difficult and not really an investment.

My 2 cents

Phantom

Back