1985 Love Rock Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. So I am selling this guitar on ebay. The other day I got a bunch of messages from someone who said that this guitar could not possibly be an LS80. He said it has to be an LS50 because the finish is likely poly. He also said that LS80s were not flametops, and that just because it has a one piece body does not make it an LS80.

Can someone help me figure this out? I had always thought that a one piece body meant that a Tokai in this period was an LS80 or higher.

Also, the catalog from 1985/85 says LS80s have a flamed veneer top.

I know 1985 was a transitional year. I am assuming that finishes varied around that time due to inconsistencies in mfg.

Can someone put this to bed? I want to be sure that what I am saying in the listing is correct.

Thanks for the help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281117592717&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Hi all, I just got a message thru and ebay member about this guitar. He said that he asked a collector in Japan and was told it was a 1985 LS65.

Does that sound right to anyone here?

Thanks

Back