1983 ST60 block logo MB matching head

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
1983 ST60 MB Block logo
L11444

No codes but going by my codes list I would put money on them being 5=12. He's going to have a look tomorrow:)

Very nice guitar.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/...h_Alert&utm_content=EMAIL_ALERTS_TRACK_SINGLE
GW9wBaW.png
yqmdtIp.png
lbnLo1t.png
b2sAMWs.png

Last edited:
Beautiful.

Might be interesting to track those MADE IN JAPAN stickers and sort out when they began?

In fact that thread has a few nuggets!
I have read that thread a bunch of times the past couple years.

Interesting to see the misunderstanding of the timeline of the logos, and to see where we are now in unwinding that.

And I just added the two L serial 9=3 guitars to this thread:

1983 Fender Style Serial Numbers

Boom!

I have the original receipt and tag for the Block logo L11444 this was purchased 28th November 1983, from Guitarzan Middlesborough. Like a lot of mathcing headstocks from the period the neck code is 5=12MBH.

https://www.tokaiforum.com/threads/...earn-more-about-this-please.19461/post-155505

The time from production to retail sale is interesting to me.

In this one it was 6 months.

We have seen some block logos sold in the UK in October as I recall.

1982/83 Block Logo Gallery

def70afa6a4d61ca657a217b02c5af73.jpg

No idea what the shortest period of time from production to guitar shops in the UK was, but I am impressed with how quickly they had them distributed.

The actual change in the logo had to have been right around the time of the judgement (June 1982) Lawsuit? in the lawsuit in order to be in a store in October.

Last edited:
The time from production to retail sale is interesting to me.

In this one it was 6 months.

We have seen some block logos sold in the UK in October as I recall.

1982/83 Block Logo Gallery

View attachment 38992

No idea what the shortest period of time from production to guitar shops in the UK was, but I am impressed with how quickly they had them distributed, but also that the actual change in the logo had to have been right around the time of the judgement (June 1982) Lawsuit? in the lawsuit in order to be in a store in October.
Hard to say, may have been sat in the shop for a few months before it sold. The Oct sale was in 82, shame we don't have that code.

Last edited:
Back