1982 catalog "Cat's Eyes, my guitar" page (who's that girl?)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer J. Simpson

Reaction score
(Edit: Found on Tokai FB page, misunderstood as magazine ad, but it's part of the 1982 catalog)

469421_241598355945869_505795897_o.jpg

Cat's Eye is manufactured with quality as our top priority. Product line from January 1982 Renovated under the policy of Quality before Quantity. Please stay tuned.

Funny sidenote, OCR and translation turned that into "Cats love my guitar" :)

Last edited:
That is in the 1982 catalog. Inside the back cover.

I didn't know it was a separate ad.

IMG_8600.JPG

Ah, not familiar with the acoustics catalogs, checked the catalogs I found here and didn't see that there, they could've just copied the catalog page there.

Inside the back cover on this catalog.

Scan.jpeg

I have not scanned to whole thing for some reason so it's not in that post. I think I got bogged down in translating it. It is extensive.

Same with the 1983 GYO/Fish one and the 1984 Tokai World catalog. One day.

The 1983 and 1984 catalogs are physically large. Like 10" x 14-1/2" large.

I am glad this came up and reminded me that I did not have the entire catalog scanned. I know now why. I did that in the days before the forum was sold and re-formatted. We used to have to upload everything to IMGUR or some other image host and then copy the link, etc. etc. It was tedious, so I didn't do the whole catalog as a result.

I need to think about this because there is evidently a word limit on each post. And some of those pages are dense with information that I would need to translate. I may have to do a page per post for a bunch of them to have any hope of getting the text posted. The catalog is 48 pages total.

I have to admit, I have no idea who that lady is. :)
Neither do I , but looking led to another clue:

"Love my Cat's guitar".

TOKAI ACOUSTIC GUITAR
Cat's Eyes
TOKAI GAKKI CO. LTD. HAMAMATSU JAPAN
Tokai Soki Manufacturing Co., Ltd.

Quality before Quantity
Cat's Eye is manufactured with quality as our top priority.
From January 1982, the product line was
completely renewed under the policy of Quality before Quantity.
Please stay tuned.

Last edited:
It feels more complicated than that, the Xenforo default is 10,000 characters but when I posted the factory tour translation I had to shorten the first post to like 6,500 characters to get it posted, as if the number of pictures plays a role too (and not only the image captures, which accounted for only a few 100 characters more). At any rate, I think Ned should increase the limit for you (pretty sure that can be set per-user or user group ("moderators") in Xenforo like in any other forum software).

NED sold the forum before the changeover happened. He had a personal tragedy and decided it was time to focus on other things.

Quick Update

Back