1980 Greco Super Real EGF1000 made in china

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koubayashi said:
greco_burst said:
ARRGHH!!!

More fakes, yes, what you get is NOT what you see, a while ago a friend of mine did this, but with a Gibson, thought he was getting a faarkin bargain, but got a crappy guitar instead.... he learnt the hard way...

Anyway, if anyone likes to buy one, afterall, we all make choices, right? you will get just a crappy guitar, and have spent how much? US$350? better put that towards a Real Super guitar, such as a Real Super Real guitar, not some shonky half baked chinese rip off.

I am talking about the fakers of course, not the quality Chinese factories for Edwards etc.

Mick

What if you bought a Super Real and get a Super Crap?
That is how it works.

what if?.... err, well, I have bought a Super real before, and never have been super crap, i did buy a EGF850 that i knew needed repair to the veneer, and I had it repaired by www.crewslut-guitars.com , the very best guitar repair shop in Japan, and no biggie....
This is all about knowing what your are buying...most folks already know they are not legit, it's just a money thing, that is all IMHO!
That is the market they prey on....

So what are you trying to say anyway? what is your point.
Mick

greco_burst said:
Koubayashi said:
greco_burst said:
ARRGHH!!!

More fakes, yes, what you get is NOT what you see, a while ago a friend of mine did this, but with a Gibson, thought he was getting a faarkin bargain, but got a crappy guitar instead.... he learnt the hard way...

Anyway, if anyone likes to buy one, afterall, we all make choices, right? you will get just a crappy guitar, and have spent how much? US$350? better put that towards a Real Super guitar, such as a Real Super Real guitar, not some shonky half baked chinese rip off.

I am talking about the fakers of course, not the quality Chinese factories for Edwards etc.

Mick

What if you bought a Super Real and get a Super Crap?
That is how it works.

what if?.... err, well, I have bought a Super real before, and never have been super crap, i did buy a EGF850 that i knew needed repair to the veneer, and I had it repaired by www.crewslut-guitars.com , the very best guitar repair shop in Japan, and no biggie....
This is all about knowing what your are buying...most folks already know they are not legit, it's just a money thing, that is all IMHO!

Mick

I mean that there is a risk that you get a China made Super Real copy.

So.... are there any EGF-1200 or 1800's that are fake that anyone has spotted on Yahoo?... I think that is where the money would be?

CliffsComicWorld said:
So.... are there any EGF-1200 of 1800's that are fake that anyone has spotted on Yahoo?... I think that is were the money would be?

Quite a few over the years. But it is since springtime this year they have been active on a regular base.
We report them to yahoo Admin every time but nothing happens.

I nearly fell for the trick myself once.

So far I have figured out that the only way to detect them is by their Japanese. And I have to have my wife help me with that.

It's not worse than I would say that more than 90% of the guitars are O.K.

Mick

You are wrong to assume that most people know what they are buying..
There are hundreds of guys that turn up here only to find out they have something that isn't what it was advertised. Tell me what you know about microwave ovens, everyone has one but i can tell you , virtually no one knows anything about them.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

There are hundreds of guys that turn up here only to find out they have something that isn't what it was advertised. Tell me what you know about microwave ovens, everyone has one but i can tell you , virtually no one knows anything about them.

Mick

Yep, that is very true, my bad.
Mick

CliffsComicWorld said:
So.... are there any EGF-1200 or 1800's that are fake that anyone has spotted on Yahoo?... I think that is where the money would be?

Where the money is at is also where people in general has more knowledge and experience. It is harder to rip a skilled and experienced buyer than it is to rip 10 newbies.

leadguitar_323 said:

Mick

Mick

I agree. and in general, people who buy expensive guitars are more experienced and has skills. I always look for tangible "evidence" when I buy something expensive via pictures. It might be the guitar itself but in 99% of the cases it has been the seller who made me not buy the guitar.

The Chinese are difficult cause they master the Japanese better than me so I always have to ask my wife if the seller is native or not. A bit discriminating but the only way so far (obviously I would buy a Greco from a Chinese who has a good reputation).

Back