• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 Greco EGF-1200 Super Real

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah and my Burny has a 90, 120, 150, & 240 (all but the 240 crossed out) in the neck cavity and it is covered with the factory nitro but I do not think mine is a RLG-240, perhaps it is but others here doubted it. Do you know if the 1800 was written later? You would toss an extra $2000 on felt marker in the pup cavity? People believe what they wish regardless of reality. I really think it is a veneer top IMO (I could be wrong) but hey, it is only money & a felt marker, right? ;)

Here is the post in the Greco area since we are talking about in two placed :D ::

The Neck Route (one reg and one pointing out what looks to be a clearly obvious 2-3mm veneer line & I see no flame at the far side of that route although the flame is subtle there:

neckpup.jpg
neckpupveneerline.jpg

Here is a crop of the bridge route although nothing is distinguishable in this shot but I thought I would include it :p :

bridgepup.jpg

Yeah but my point was, using my Burny as an example, that really that writing does not mean squat & you ignored the obvious veneer line in the photo. Again it comes down to what you want to believe and your vast experience in 100's of guitars does not mean much when you, like us all, are still just looking at photos and not the guitar "in the flesh". I will bow out since I am just a peon. :wink:

What was the final price that Cliff got? eBay says 0.99. If that was the case, I probably could have gone a few bucks higher. :wink:

cashcow said:

Great looker - on any regular examination it totally looks like a 1959 case queen!

Nice flame too, right on the maximum for me but looks natural like the originals.

i see that the original 1200 of Cliff's sold to a forum member is now back on ebay with what i might term a 'collectors' pricetag

Back