1979 Tokai Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shackenb

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here. I ve looked into this forum for some time. In general I am more the Les Paul guy and severly in love with MIJ guitars (81 Greco EGF, Edwards 130, Bacchus BLP Std.). Now I wanted to own a Strat too and traded a Bacchus LP for a Tokai 1979 Springy Sound ST-50 in OWR. It has the normal ST-50 features with the rosewood fretboard but has a two piece body (possible sen ash). The lacquer should be poly and is so thin that you can see every grain and the center seam clearly if you look at it. The neckpocket is marked ST-50 (stamped) and the neck has a 7=4 sign on it.
Sound is amazing, action is very low. I think that she has all the original parts in it, put I haven?t looked inside.
One thing I would like to switch, it is the pcikguard cover which I would like a little bit minty and very slightly worn. I tried to age and colour a white Montreux 8 hole PG, but I am not happy with the result, so I will buy a mint 8 hole one.
Cheers Stefan

19192200nr.jpg

19192201lb.jpg

19192202jf.jpg

19192203an.jpg

19192204pq.jpg

19192205tx.jpg

Hello Stefan, congrats with the nice Springy!!
Is there serial number 9005290 or 9009290?

jacco said:
Funny, I have that serial already logged for a ST-50 BB, owned by another member here

Oha.... that is misterious, got it in original mint condition from Fred (Guitar hiro)... don't think it is in some way faked? Because it has the stamps on body and Neck... but the same number worries me...

jacco said:
Not to worry, it's not the first double serial I have found.
Does the body have a stamp?

Ok... yes in the neck pocket there is a ST50 stamp (bluesish), I haven't looked underneath the pickguard until now. Is it normal that the headstock logo is not flat?

Latest posts

Back