• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Tokai LS-120, OS finish, Pro repaired headstock, HSC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olds442

Reaction score
1979 Tokai LS-120 Les Paul Reborn.

This guitar has had a professional headstock repair, set up and fret level. The guitar has typical players wear as far as dings and dents. the one on the lower front being the only exposed wood, and it looks quite nice that way.

The weight is exactly 9 pounds 0 ounces.

Pics from the original auction as well as post repair in here.
http://s182.photobucket.com/user/gregs1020/library/LS120 LP Reborn 1979?sort=3&page=1
Will ship in a period correct tokai les paul case, black exterior, green interior. The case is in fair condition, all latches working except one iirc.

The guitar sports an old Superdistortion and a Skatterbrane Yangbrane. The electronics and hardware are stock. (the bridge came off of a 1981 LS-80).

20140209_090830_zpsgrgd4src.jpg

during repair pic. the dude actually has 4 fingers, he's not just a bass player.
Screenshot2013-12-07at94110PM_zps77166e4c.png

post repair pic.
20140209_091048_zpsewbjxarj.jpg

Asking $1850 shipped to cont US. $1800 plus shipping to int'l buyers.

Glad to hear any offers. Plenty of references at MLP/TGP.

:wink:

just wondering if you or the repair guy did a video of that headstock repair.................looks like it'l never break again. :eek: :eek: :eek:

^^ Thanks jacco! ;-)

No they didn't do a video but he sent me pics of the process and they are in the photobucket file i have for the guitar.

http://s182.photobucket.com/user/gregs1020/library/LS120%20LP%20Reborn%201979?sort=3&page=1

Joe at Chicago Fret Works did a great job, I hope it's ok to give him proper credit here. He's done more than he can remember and no mention of any coming back.

I've decided to lower the price of the guitar to $1650 shipped, without the tokai case.

But I am open to hear any offers.

Thank you for all the welcome here!

Getting some decent offers on the bay, but i thought i'd give it a bump to say if you are at all interested, please make me an offer. :D

i really hate selling on the bay. :evil:

thank you!

Back