06' LS85F in the house - WOW! pics inside....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The guitar I had wanted in the first place showed up today and I'm really glad I just went ahead and got it. 06' serial number. To say the least it's stunning in person, the pictures don't do it justice. This one has a bit of a different feel than the LS90Q did, the neck has a slightly different profile, and overall a much more chunky tone. Admittedly, I only played the LS90Q for a few minutes as I knew this one was coming and I would be selling the other (wanted to keep it spotless...)

59flame2.jpg

59flame3.jpg

59flame1.jpg

The fit and finsh are amazing - as nice or nicer than any G word Standard on the shop walls. The VF color is killer. This guitar has tone to burn and plays as nice as anything else I own. I compared it to my Anderson Cobra, a pair of bucker loaded GMW super Strats, and a good ol' Fender American Standard Strat. Ran it through an Aiken Intruder into a Bogner oversize 2x12.

I know I'm preaching to the choir - but these guitars are the real deal. I cant imagine how much nicer they could be moving up the food chain.

Steve E

Nice one! I just love Tokai's violin finish...and the camera do not do any justice the the true colors.

Well, if you move up in the range you'll get closer and closer to the original LP specs (long forgotten by Gibson) but there will not be a massive difference in sound.

The LS85F is a truely superb guitar

Back