• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1985 Tokai LS80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redstringuitar

Reaction score
Superb condition, all original apart from Gotoh nickel-plated Nashville bridge and aluminium TP which I fitted recently...original chrome units are included in the sale.

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

These two pics are from the original ebay listing, no changes since, note the small ding in the headstock rear edge between the E and A tuners:

2010-3-276-59.png

2010-3-277-1.png

Asking ?800 (plus shipping if applicable), might be tempted by something with P90s and a finish other than sunburst...TV yellow is a particular inducer of GAS for me at the moment :lol: though other colours/guitar types are also of interest.
Collection is very welcome, or we can arrange shipping within UK only at your expense....don't want the hassle of shipping abroad. Sorry if this is looking a bit like a stuffy fleabay listing :eek:, but I'm fairly new around here!
Feel free to fire away with the questions, comments etc., happy bid.....I mean thanks for looking. :oops:

Paul

I had no idea that the "UK" dimple on headstock existed as far back as that. Stunning guitar, hope you get it sold

Colin

colinhotrod said:
I had no idea that the "UK" dimple on headstock existed as far back as that. Stunning guitar, hope you get it sold

Colin

Thanks Colin, I understand '85 was the year the dimple was introduced.

shan564 said:
If I was in the UK, I would have bought this by now.

Thanks shan564, hate to think what it would cost to ship her to Sydney... :eek:

Don't be shy folks...don't want to put her on ebay...

:(

redstringuitar said:
shan564 said:
If I was in the UK, I would have bought this by now.

Thanks shan564, hate to think what it would cost to ship her to Sydney... :eek:

Don't be shy folks...don't want to put her on ebay...

:(

Shipping to Aus isn't as bad as you might think, and with the Aussie $ currently worth not much short of a quid, it'll be peanuts to our friends down under!

Heh, this looks identical to the 2007 LS-75 I sold a while ago. If I had the dough, I'd jump on yours in a heartbeat ;)

2 quotes from Anglo Pacific (@6Kg)

My Quotes
Quote number Date Destination Price
246139/1 05/09/2010 AUSTRALIA ? 136.00 View Quote
1 items Air Courier (Door to Door) 17 Kg 5 Kg Gross Weight Book Now
246139/2 05/09/2010 AUSTRALIA ? 136.00 View Quote
1 items Air Courier (Door to Door) 17 Kg 6 Kg Gross Weight Book Now

New Quote

Customers sending goods by sea are covered by our unique Money Back Guarantee in the event we exceed our delivery expectations. Anglo Pacific is the only company offering such a guarantee, testimony to the frequency of our sailings and our confidence to deliver on time

Welcome Steve! :)

Yeah, I traded my 2004 Gibbo LP Standard cherryburst with flame to get this and another guitar...I much prefer the plain top and the 'burst is nicer too, less plums and custard if you know what I mean.

I'm near Newtown, Powys (Mid-Wales)

Seen a coupla WTBs for MIJ LPs, so thought I'd give mine a cheeky bump...save it from getting lost in the mix.

Now interested in a Strat with maple board, other guitars still considered though...or you can simply buy her, of course! :)

Hey Timo, I'm happy to say it did indeed go to a forum member...I'll let him speak for himself, but the deal was reached as a direct result of this thread...thank you for your kind words all!! :)

I've had the guitar now for a couple of days and couldn't be more impressed. Not my first MIJ but my first Tokai and it's fantastic. Hard to believe it's a 25 year old guitar and the set up it arrived with is a credit to Paul.

thanks for putting up with my dithering

Latest posts

Back