legit tokai or no?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faldhimself

Reaction score
hey just wondering if this is a fake
bought this guitar from a co-worker that he used in his band for shows

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00036.jpg
[/img]

Rather than risk having this thread shutdown go to http://almosttokai.freeforums.org/index.php and ask all the questions you need.

Just wanted to comment that I think this thread has been useful and handled appropriately. Facts pointed out, no negative posts or calling out of anyone.

Also, that might be the first time I've seen "Make in Korea".

Useful to have such a good close up on the the headstock, too. When you see it like that, it's obvious that the logo and script are both very different to the real thing.

ned said:
Just wanted to comment that I think this thread has been useful and handled appropriately. Facts pointed out, no negative posts or calling out of anyone.

Also, that might be the first time I've seen "Make in Korea".
Oh Ned my man...you really need to try to be here a lil bit more often.
The ONLY guitars we use THAT particular name about are the ones marked "Make in Korea" and there are thousands of them.
And for maybe the past 2 years there have been hundreds of posts referring to Make in Korea guitars on this very site.
If you're happy with us referring people back to Almost Tokai forum for their "Fake" discussions that might take the heat away from these forums.

Also, a good look at the headstock logo decal of Tokai, is a giveaway, the script is all wrong...(it stays the same thickness)....compared to a legit Tokai logo (which varies in thickness in the script)....

Did Tokai use the one type of logo decal for the Les Paul guitars? if made in China or Korea or Japan?

I have a goldtop Love Rock which is a fake also. It has an awesome sound, real nice rich tone. I find it great for rhythm guitar in the classic rock band I jam with. I can't imagine the new Korean or Chinese made Tokai's sounding any better. I certainly would not let the fact that they are not real tokai's keep me from buying one.

Correct. I would not have bought it knowing it was not a real one. I had heard of the fakes but seeing as I bought it from a dealer I assumed it could not be a fake....I only have this pic now, I was putting new strap locks on when this pic was taken....the plastic is just starting to peel from the pick guard.

DSC00302.jpg

The volume and tone control spacing are all wrong on that guitar....But....I have said this hundreds of times on here, these are not bad guitars and are higher speced than the Korean love rocks, they are just not Tokai's...

Mick

I could not agree more with your statement LeadGuitar especially after looking at the specs of both the Korean and Chinese models. I would put this guitar up against the non Japanese made Tokai's any day.

Latest posts

Back