Clarification on LS-145S or LS-85S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspblues

Reaction score
Can anyone help w/identifying this?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?p=3174732#post3174732

Also, what exactly are the differences? Nitro? Long Tenon Neck?

Hi dsp blues, main differences is the 145 has a 1 piece back the 85 is 2 piece, 145 is lacquer the 85 is poly 145 has long neck tenon the 85 is medium.
hope this helps.......Mick

Thanks! that's what I thought the differences would be... This seemed to have a 1 piece back.. So, I'm hopeful.

Besides the back being one piece african mahogany and the top being two piece maple, with nitro celulose finish...

electronics are also different, pickups too, switches/jack/wiring, the stop tailpiece is lightweight aluminum

so there's a bit of difference!

Here are some pics:

tokai_elec.jpg

tokai_tenon.jpg

Tokaiback.jpg

tokaifront.jpg

Tokaiserial.jpg

read what togps said, it's all there for the taking, it's not a ls-145s without doubts, also the wiring on the ls-145s is cloth covered... tenon extends into cavitie, don't think dimple headstock models are made (not sure though)!

And then obviously, the wrong cutaway and control position

I know this'll sound like a daft question but have Tokai ever made any
Love Rocks with the Volume/Tone knobs the wrong way round?

Should be a MIJ NLS80S GT. Made AFAIK in a 50 pcs. bulk in 2004 for the US market place. So it's a very rare and limited collectors item :wink:
dspblues, have fun and enjoy it 8)
BTW, why didn't you show us a pic of the headstock? Is it the same as pictured below?

Yep, seems to be the same thing. I didn't even notice the knobs until today. Any idea what these sold for new? Any idea on specs?

Tokaihead.jpg

Back