Wot is it?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeymikey

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I think I've asked this question before but I have more info on this guitar now. Can't post pics on my iPod unfortunately.

It's a fiesta/flamingo pink Goldstar, plain bridge saddles(no final prospec etc.), serial number L 05785, 12=6 FOV in the control cavity and 12=6 in the front pup cavity, grey base plates with "U" stamp.

Any ideas which model and date of manufacture?

And what's the general opinion of these pickups?

Also......any kind of ballpark figure on what it would be worth - I paid ?485 for it several years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

Hi Mike, the colour id Flamingo Orange -form the FO code in the cavities. You may also see the 12=6 code on the base of the neck. Sometimes they do not match.

Most likely to be an ST55. Are the tuner the kluson type with deluxe or no name on the back? My opinion is that you probably paid what you would pay for a Springy however it is all in the eye of the beholder. it may be in mint condition so worth more to someone.

Photos are useful but if it is a 2 piece body it could be a higher model.
Check out my Tokai Strat photobook and you will see the general description of the different models and some photos of a couple of FO's

http://www.blurb.com/books/2060524

Iain

Thanks very much Iain - great info and I'll check your site asap.

It's three piece body and deluxe stamped tuners. It has slightly larder fretwire and plays suberbly - I had to buy it at the time because of this fact. It's in really good nick - I wish I could post some pics of it

thax again

mike

Hi Mike, I had an ST55 in flamingo orange in 2010, bought it for ?350 and sold it earlier this year for the same.
Pete.

TokaiST55017.jpg

Latest posts

Back