Does anyone has any problem buying from tokaiguitar.de?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ducblancpale

Reaction score
I agreed upon a deal to buy a new LS-260 from them but haven't heard from them since 2 months ago despite several email reminders. Unless something happened to them, It sure feels like they are blowing me off and not honouring the deal.

I have something similar going on. Gottfried is not responding to emails lately. I have dealt with him before and had no problems whatsoever; he has been very helpfull and friendly. You should give him a call then!

Strange, Over time I bought 3 guitars from him and I always have received the best service and follow-up you can imagine. Gottfried, hope all is okay?
Cheers, Herbert

He was helpful and prompt in his emails till about 2 months ago. I guess if he's not responding to others as well, something might be wrong somewhere.

Perhaps he's on holiday? Or away somewhere interesting buying guitars?

Mike

Oh well...if the guitar is late in coming from Japan, he could have informed me. If he's away for business or holiday (for 2 months?!), he could have informed me. I have no problem with waiting if there's a genuine reason but being ignored and not knowing what's going on? That's no good for me.

He offered a price and I accepted readily. I didn't haggled or bargained...I accepted his offered price without hesitation because I trusted in his reputation as a seller of quality Tokais. As far as I'm concerned, the deal was sealed. If he doesn't want to reply to my emails but to others, then I have no other reason but to believe he reneged on the deal. Its my 1st time buying a guitar from a vendor outside of US and JP so its been a fairly disappointing experience so far.

ducblancpale said:
Oh well...if the guitar is late in coming from Japan, he could have informed me. If he's away for business or holiday (for 2 months?!), he could have informed me. I have no problem with waiting if there's a genuine reason but being ignored and not knowing what's going on? That's no good for me.

He offered a price and I accepted readily. I didn't haggled or bargained...I accepted his offered price without hesitation because I trusted in his reputation as a seller of quality Tokais. As far as I'm concerned, the deal was sealed. If he doesn't want to reply to my emails but to others, then I have no other reason but to believe he reneged on the deal. Its my 1st time buying a guitar from a vendor outside of US and JP so its been a fairly disappointing experience so far.

I agree with you,you should have been informed or at least get a reply.But there is one good thing,you still have your money.I had the situation to buy a guitar from a dealer outside germany,they took the money without delivery and it was a hard fight to get what I've paid for.In your case I guess it is the normal delay when buying a highclass tokai that must be ordered from the factory.You should have been informed before about that but I am sure togps will answer soon. :wink:

I had sent him many emails before but none of them came back. Always wondered why but I gave up eventually. I thought he was just one of those dealers who only talk to whom $ important to them. Or maybe the Email from Mexico is bad? He had some nice Tokai parts I wanted for my guitar.

t.olsen said:
In your case I guess it is the normal delay when buying a highclass tokai that must be ordered from the factory.You should have been informed before about that but I am sure togps will answer soon. :wink:

That might be so but I didn't order a guitar that would be built from scratch. I was shown the photos of this particular LS260 (beautiful 5A flametop) so I guess it must already been ready for shipping from the factory :) He said on 2nd March that it should arrive in Germany from Japan in 20 days so even factoring delays....it should already be there after 75days. At the very least, the vendor should update the customer out of basic courtesy.

I'm not sure what's going on and would love to hear from him. I use gmail for my correspondence so I doubt there's problem with email on my end and yes, I check my spam folder too. If he's replying to others, I doubt there's problem with his email as well.

ducblancpale said:
That might be so but I didn't order a guitar that would be built from scratch. I was shown the photos of this particular LS260 (beautiful 5A flametop) so I guess it must already been ready for shipping from the factory :) He said on 2nd March that it should arrive in Germany from Japan in 20 days so even factoring delays....it should already be there after 75days. At the very least, the vendor should update the customer out of basic courtesy.

I'm not sure what's going on and would love to hear from him. I use gmail for my correspondence so I doubt there's problem with email on my end and yes, I check my spam folder too. If he's replying to others, I doubt there's problem with his email as well.

Even if your gmail account does not work correctly the seller should have an interrest to contact you when the guitar is ready for shipping and he wants his money.But that really sounds like some mails have been lost.Same advice : PM him from here

Hi, i also bought my guitar form tokaiguitars.de, not only did i get a good deal, he sent my guitar before he had received my payment.

Ok, I just sent him a PM. I noticed that he last posted here on 6th May so hopefully he will reply and resolve this issue promptly.

Although come to think of it, i sent him also a couple of emails and got no reply, in the end i had to phone him.

Thanks to ducblancpale's pm and also Mick51 message - I got aware of this thread and as well some problems with my email filters, etc.
Solved now.
@ ducblancpale: email sent.

Those darn email filters cost me the guitar I wanted but guess I will just have to pick another one from Gottfried's stock.

Gottfried...I want to buy a LS260 with a nicer flametop than before as 'compensation' :) That 5A was really good looking and it sure hurts to lose it this way 8)

Latest posts

Back