IMAC OR PC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntimber

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a new computer to run archicad 19 and photoshop.
Currently i am a final year student and working for a modular building company, so my files generally aren't massive unless its a university project. At the moment run everything off an outdated macbook pro with pretty base model specs and it's nearly had it.
I am definitely more interested in the mac however i wanted some advice and comparison to a PC i was quoted through work, any comments would be great.
I was quoted $3088 AUD for a PC with the following specs:
-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4gb
-Gigabyte H97-Gaming 3 Motherboard
-Microsoft 7 Pro 64but with SPM OEM
-Microsoft Office 2013 Home & Business
-Fractal Design Define R5 Mid Tower Black
-Corsair Vengeance Red CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9R 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
-Antex Edge 650W 80 Plus Gold power Supply
-Intel Core 17 4790K
Also at the moment i have 27inch Thunderbolt display so with his computer i would need to purchase another to run 2 screens.
Thats why i thought the new 5k retina display would be good as it is essentially inclusive. So i got quoted an iMac 5k Retina with the following spec for $3829 AUD:
-3.5GHz Quad Core Intel Core i%. Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
-16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB
-1TB Fusion Drive
-AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5
I'm just wondering if there is a massive difference between the 2 and if i would be stupid not to get the PC. Also if there are any recommended changes to any of the specs on either that would be really helpful too.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=50094
Business video agency

Thank you.

Back