Broken E-string

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarneyR

Reaction score
Hi!

I have a question that may sound stupid, but as many people, as many opinions. The thickest E-string in my Love Rock broke and I have already ordered a new set. But do you change all the strings or just the broken one? My strings are only about 2 weeks old, but they've been greatly, well exploited recently. I have a day before the package gets here and before I must decided what to do. Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you were wailing so hard that you broke the thick E string then i'm betting the rest are fairly dead.

When you get your new strings i would replace all of them, but i'd save the remaining 5 just in case you break another.

Buy more than one pack of strings, the odds of breaking a string go up exponentially depending on whether you have any spares.

sorry to hear you have this problem & IMO it is a problem; why?
In ~50 years of messing with guitars I have never had a large E string cause any issue, let alone break.
Now, I have had several small E strings break, slip in the tuner shaft, and/or break at the ball end/bridge end.
Since your issue is basically unheard of in my five decades of guitardom, I think you should go purchase a lottery ticket; quick. :lol:

Back