The cleaning methods and tips

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaMoomin

Reaction score
Hi!

Do you have any extra tips for cleaning your guitars? Or any special products to do so?

My routine is as follows:

1) Body - I wipe the body with a slightly damp cloth in a circular motion. For all nooks and crannies I use cotton swabs.

2) Fretboard - I've been using Nivea cream for some time for its care. The way is very simple. I take off the strings, one by one put a bit of cream on each piece of fingerboard and spread it over the whole surface along the thresholds. When the whole fingerboard is already greased, I set aside the guitar for 15-20 minutes. After it dries, I take the paper towel and rub away the cream together with the dirt. Very good (and inexpensive) way.

3) Strings - before taking the guitar in my hands I thoroughly wash and wipe my hands.

I use the Dunlop stuff. Not sure about the long term effects of Nivea on the wood but I do know that I don't like the smell.

Different toothpastes have different sizes of particles, so pick the right one or use T cut.

Latest posts

Back