• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai TGS -LSS93 BB

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexZ7777

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and this is my first post about a guitar that I'm about to buy.
The model is Tokai TGS -LSS93 BB is a kind of copy of the Gibson les Paul custom p90 with a nice wrap around bridge.
Now, this is my first Tokai, the guitar looks gorgeous, but i cannot find too much information about it. It seems that was only for japan internal market,
is made in japan and should be a kind of limited edition special model and comes with and hard case with green interiors. I'm writing from Spain and speaking with the seller it seems that only 2/3 guitars of this model has been imported in my country. I checked the Tokai registers and intensively search online but i couldn't find almost nothing about this model.
I only found it on a Japanese amazon page and is unavailable:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/TOKAI-to-kai-Electric-Guitar-TGS-%E2%80%93-ls93-BB/dp/B00KCFTNHO

I'm really interested on the instrument and i'm selling my old telly for her, but before buy i would like to know something more.
The price will be around 900 Euros (like 1000 dolars), is this a fair price for this instrument ?. I'm a bit confused because i see a huge difference of price between less pauls customs in the tokai catalog, i suppose korean-japanes have different prices, but they looks like identical (from the photos of course).

Thank you all for your feedbacks 8) :wink:

Alessandro

https://www.gregsguitars.de/en/product/1432/_Tokai_Les_Paul_Special_LSS93_Reborn_Old_Serie_Made_in_Japan_.html

https://reverb.com/item/4964792-tokai-lss-93-2012-see-thru-white-in-mint-condition-w-soft-case

Not much info on these.
Price depends on condition/year etc and how much you want it.

I'm not familiar with that model at all. However, if it is like the one you linked, all mahogany body, carved top, wrap tail and P90s it is certainly an uncommon model. But I wouldn't know if only a few were made. I recently purchased a similar Tokai goldtop w/ P90s and a wraptail. It does have a maple cap. I paid around $1,000 and am very happy with it

If the one you're interested in were available to me for $1,000, I would personally jump on it with both feet. Who cares if it's a great price. It's certainly a fair price, IMO.

Hi , thank you for your responses

Looks like an hybrid model between the LSS93 ( a les paul special, see the pickguard ) and a les paul custom model.
Actually i just sold my Mexican telecaster and i will go for it because i was checking and the price seems good and the guitar condition pristine.
From the photos that i have i don't understand if the body is completely flat like the Special model, or if it is curved like a les paul.
I will replace the neck pickup for a staple p90 and i will have my dream guitar, i always thought that the Les paul black beauty with p90 was the best looking guitar ever made.
I will write again when i will get it, now we are blocked in Spain and i cannot leave my county due coronavirus restrictions.

Anyways thank you

Alessandro

Latest posts

Back